Increase mouse speed?

Paigey

Silver Level Poster
Hey there,

I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the mouse speed past the maximum that windows offers? I've noticed since I've been using my new laptop, the mouse speed is slightly slower than what I'm used to (assuming because it's a higher resolution than what I've used in the past?). It's not terrible and I could certainly live with it if I had to, but I'm a fan of RTS games, i.e Starcraft 2, Age of Mythology, etc, where mouse speed really is quite important.

I'm using this Microsoft optical trackball:
J1282752.jpg

I'v installed the Microsoft mouse and keyboard centre software, which recognises the device, but there's no options about changing the mouse speed.

Is there any other software that may help?

Thanks,
Chris

steaky360

I'm not sure if you can effectively increase it beyond the value in Windows. Only suggestions I've seen are to get newer drivers (if they exist) for your mouse or a mouse with a higher DPI - mostly because if you try to artificially increase the speed, you will get stutter and the movement will not be as precise, which will kinda suck for the uses you are proposing.

However, I could be wrong :)

Paigey

Silver Level Poster
Alrighty thanks for the response :)

Tried searching for newer drivers, etc, but as far as I can see everything's up to date. Guess this mouse is getting old and out-dated now and not so able to keep with todays high resolutions, but really don't want to buy a new one, I've grown such an attachment to this :D (remember my dad had this exact mouse on the home PC while I was growing up and first started gaming lol), so attempting to game with any other mouse would result in massive failures :D

It's manageable though still, as I said it's not terrible and I can live with it, a little more speed would be nice but if it sacrifices reliability and precision / causes stuttering, then like you say it will be pretty useless and not so ideal for playing games