Inferno 11.6"

So I ordered this last Wednesday and got it yesterday without paying for any of the fast track things which I was very impressed with, also based on the current live information I gather is very lucky.

The spec is here

Chassis & Display
Inferno Series: 11.6" Matte HD LED Widescreen (1366x768)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i3 Dual Core Mobile Processor i3-3120M (2.50GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N WI-FI CARD
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery
Inferno Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62.16WH)
Power Cable
1 x UK Power Lead & 90W AC Adaptor
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
DVD Recovery Media
NO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard Language
11.6" SERIES INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD
Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1.3 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

And it only cost me £456 (with the £15 discount code) which again was a huge surprise and one of the main reasons I bought from here.

Down to the review though.

As I took it out of the box I was so impressed by the build quality and looks, it's a much darker colour than the picture seems to make out and I really like it.

I feel I ought to mention I ordered an 4GB ram from elsewhere and decided to install that before doing anything else. Now taking the back off is a very easy task, or at least would be for most people. There's a little slide lock that prevents it coming off when you don't want it to, the thing is I didn't notice. So I may have just pulled it off and snapped the clip meaning it had nothing to hold it in place... Thankfully some superglue and 5 minutes later that was all fixed up and I was ready to go.

As you can see from above I ordered it with no OS because I got a copy of Windows 7 Professional very cheaply elsewhere, I just hooked up my external disc tray (made up of an old laptop tray and a cheap adapter) and it installed in no time, very impressive SSD in this machine by the way, the boot time is only about 12 seconds. It's much better than the one in my desktop, though obviously the only thing it trumps my desktop for :D. It was then just a case of copying across a few files from my desktop that in eagerness I'd moved onto one of my external HDD's (again made from my old laptop and an adapter) earlier in the week.

Since then I've been using it a fair bit just to get a feel of how nice it is and still every time I pick it up I love it just a little bit more. Since there is no HDD or Disk drive, when you're not doing anything graphics or processor intensive it is silent and I mean completely silent. I was up at 1am in my room, turned it on and not a sound, not one single sound even after watching big bang theory for an hour.
The keyboard is nicely laid out, of course it's taking a bit of getting used to since I've only been using full sized ones for the last several years but like everything else it's very nicely made. The touch pad surprised me with how fine I was with using it. I will still use my Gigabyte Aire M77 when I can, I really can't recommend that mouse more if you're looking for a reasonably priced, wireless, compact mouse with adjustable dpi and extra buttons. But back to the laptop, the touch pad is nicely designed, even with my big hands I'm not doing anything I don't intend to on it. The battery life is OK, not much else I can add yet on that, haven't used it enough or timed how long it takes to drain. Finally the matte screen is superb, it may only be 720p but for a small screen it looks wonderful.

In summary a beautifully designed laptop with very decent performance at a very good price.

For anyone interested I have some benchmarks below.

Windows experience index
Processor - 6.9
Ram - 7.4 (bear in mind this is with the 8GB installed)
Graphics - 6.9
3D Graphics - 6.9
Primary disk - 7.8

I'll update with a few more when I get round to running them.

A few photos

DSC_0021.JPGDSC_0023.JPGDSC_0024.JPG

Just a quick question, what case would you recommend for this laptop? Also does anyone know how a second battery would attach or does it require a special battery?

Last edited:
Reactions: PCS