Install Windows

petergordonplym

Hi all, I've just tried to reset my laptop, but it's coming up with this message and continues in a loop. I asked it to clean the drive and install from the computer. It came with windows 10, but upgraded to 11 for free. Any help, please?

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Download a new copy of Windows using the (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB. Media Creation Tool Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install. Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary). Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows. Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found. You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries). This is also worth a watch