Installing a Coolermaster 200mm Megaflow LED fan as a side fan on HAF 922

jonchew123

I ve just ordered my new pc and have separately ordered a Coolermaster 200mm mega flow LED fan as the side fan for my HAF 922 case. However I'm not totally sure how to install this fan and would greatly appreciate it if some one could give me a quick run down on how to do this? Also I have COOLIT ECO II C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) would this and the fan get in the way of one another?

Thank you to anyone that can help me

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think I can help hear.

Firstly to answer your question, the coolit eco 240 will be placed at the top of the coolermaster case, ie the roof of case. The side fan will cause no problems with the eco cooler. As the case comes with two 200mm mega flow fans, one of yours will have been removed to the eco can fit, i'd call up pcs and ask for the spare left over one to be sent with the pc, it may anyway but i'd check. this will give you three altogether (with the extra one you ordered)

It fit the side fan all you will have to do is, open case, which you will have to do anyway to take out the foam insert thats fitted during transport to protect the inside of the pc. In ya welcome pack there will be spare screws for the case.

open case, remove foam thingy, place fan on the side panel, screw in with spare screws, then all you will have to do is plug the fan cable into the motherboard, just match up the connections on cable + motherboard, probably 3pin connection.

hope this gives you some idea, if not just ask away.

Tom :)

edit - infact call pcs and ask them to place the spare 200mm fan (from top, where eco 240 will go) on the side panel for you.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thank you so much for a quick response I will make sure I ring them up.

Thank you again for your help :)

Anytime dude, with the one you have ordered i'd keep it though, may be somewhere to place it inside the case, (for example back of hdd drive hotswap bay) once you get it the system.