installing additional hard drive

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
i had new pc delivered about a month ago and i've been using an external hard drive to store files on, but it's very old and getting full so i'm looking at installing another hard drive for storing files and games rather than buying another external hard drive. i've looked at the upgrade section for my order and it's listing several i can choose from but wondering is this an easy thing i could do myself or will i need to send it back or take to local shop?
this is what the pc came with and was thinking of this hard drive
4tb seagate barracuda sata-iii 3.5 hdd 6gb/s 5400rpm 256mb cache. thought might as well get more than i need to save doing this again.
i've never done more than install more memory in my old pc is putting in new hard drive much more difficult?

Case FRACTAL FOCUS G BLACK GAMING CASE (Window)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

thank you!

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you! 👍I can see the plastic cage thing where the hard drive will sit and I've found the sata connections on the mother board but can't see where I attach the power lead from the drive to the mother board. I've not ordered it yet in case I couldn't do it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you! 👍I can see the plastic cage thing where the hard drive will sit and I've found the sata connections on the mother board but can't see where I attach the power lead from the drive to the mother board. I've not ordered it yet in case I couldn't do it.
The power lead doesn't attach to the motherboard, it comes from the PSU.

Gavras

Master Poster
Just as a bit of advice for others ordering without HDD or SSD.

PCS will if you ask, pre fit the necessary HDD / SSD cables, I did this with my order.

While a pretty easy job, it saved me routing them.

Therefore, if ordering a new PC and potentially fitting another drive, ask those nice people at PCS to pre fit the cables.

Then it’s a huge doddle to fit your own drive(s).