Installing the latest version Nvidia GPU drivers on Windows 10

films&games

Enthusiast
Hi,

What is the best method to use to update/reinstall Nvidia GPU drivers? I have never used Geforce Experience before as I prefer to install the drivers manually, downloading them from the Nvidia website.

This on a fairly new fresh installation of Windows 10 22H2

Would it be ok to install the latest version without uninstalling the older one first? Or to remove the drivers completely using DDU?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

What is the best method to use to update/reinstall Nvidia GPU drivers? I have never used Geforce Experience before as I prefer to install the drivers manually, downloading them from the Nvidia website.

This on a fairly new fresh installation of Windows 10 22H2

Would it be ok to install the latest version without uninstalling the older one first? Or to remove the drivers completely using DDU?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.
Firstly, you should really be on Windows 11 by now, it's getting rather late in the day before it stops support.

But if you've already got GPU drivers installed you can just use GeForce Experience to update them, or simply download the latest and install it. But make sure you do a custom install and select clean install to avoid issues with GPU driver upgrades. DDU is only used for troubleshooting or when switch from nvidia to AMD