Intel 310 Retro Fit?

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
Will the above be able to be retro fitted once PCS have them in stock?

Any idea of prices yet, there are a few prices on the net but what will PCS likely be charging?

Thanks.

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
OK, if prices aren't available can anyone confirm my first question or was it so stupid it doesn't dignify a response?:p

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
What is the Intel 310? Do you mean the Ivy Bridge processors? If so, you are welcome to order one and install it inside your computer once released.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would go with the Intel SSD 330 which is cheaper than the 320. I'd like to know if those will be stock by PCS.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Intel 330 series will be available @ PCS as soon as they are released on 13th April :)

Maestro

the 310 comes in both sizes. It comes as an msata and also a standard 2.5" 9.5mm. We sell the 310 2.5" drive currently as an slc cache drive. This drive may seem quite expensive compared to say normal mlc ssd, but what you want for cache drive is slc flash.

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
Following a chat with Tech Support it appears the there would be no spare PCI-e slot for it to be installed in in the Optimus II:(

It's a shame as the quote from Intel looked really promising:
"The small footprint of the Intel® SSD 310 Series also augments hard-disk drive (HDD) performance in dual-drive systems, such as all-in-ones, notebooks and small-form-factor desktops. The mSATA form factor connects easily to an existing mSATA port on a PC, which enables the Intel® SSD to perform as a boot drive and provide quick access to frequently-used applications or storage."

GJOB

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry to drag this out but is there any existing model that can accommodate this (I should have asked when I called...dur)