Intel My WiFi Technology: Adapter not found

LightningMat

I received my new Optimus II laptop a couple of days ago and have a quick question:

On the Windows Taskbar, there is an icon for "Intel My WiFi Technology", but since the day I got my laptop, it has said: "Intel My WiFi Technology: Adapter not found". I have WiFi connection and have not had any problems, so was wondering whether this actually means anything, or whether it would be for laptops with different network cards - I have the standard Gigabit LAN & Wireless 802.11N Card Inc. Bluetooth 3.0. Anybody know? If it is not going to be used, I will disable it from the taskbar. If it should be used, can someone tell me what I need to do to get it to recognise the network adapter. Thanks.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
hmmm not sure, try disabling it, and see what happens, if it works after leaving it off a while, turn it off from startup, if not just leave it, its probably only using a fraction of your memory

Milkybarkid

Bronze Level Poster
I think it just means that you're not using a cable to connect to the internet but wireless. Plug a cable in and you would be 'recognised'. Mine says the same because I use wireless to connect.