Intel (R) System Usage Report ,Energy Saver Service Queencreek

Stumpykins

Bronze Level Poster
Just noticed this morning that when my PC finishes booting up and its idle, RAM usage seems a little high holding at 16% percent. Only thing running at any sort of demand, according to task manager, is that service listed in the title. Did a bit of digging and people recommended uninstalling Intel's driver update application. that got it from 20% down to 16%.

Getting conflicting information in whether or not I can disable it in services without causing an issue.

For the record PC seems to be running really well, I'm not noticing any issues or slow down. Just find it odd that this service seems to be holding my RAM usage at 16% constantly.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I do wonder whether it matters?

Windows memory management is very efficient, its goal is to keep as much in RAM as it can - because the CPU can only operate on code and data that's in RAM. This is why Windows 10 introduced the concept of Standby memory; pages that are not being used by any process but which are kept in RAM just in case they are needed again.

Windows is much better at RAM management than we are and its not necessary to manually ensure you have free RAM pages yourself. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to see evidence of RAM exhaustion. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just noticed this morning that when my PC finishes booting up and its idle, RAM usage seems a little high holding at 16% percent. Only thing running at any sort of demand, according to task manager, is that service listed in the title. Did a bit of digging and people recommended uninstalling Intel's driver update application. that got it from 20% down to 16%.

Getting conflicting information in whether or not I can disable it in services without causing an issue.

For the record PC seems to be running really well, I'm not noticing any issues or slow down. Just find it odd that this service seems to be holding my RAM usage at 16% constantly.
Personally, I would uninstall it.

I haven't used it for years (probably around 2) but had mutliple issues with it installing incorrect drivers and using a lot of system resources.

If it served a great use I'd say keep it in there, but windows update will do the relevant work where needed.