Intel rapid storage/start technology

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Quick question - do these both come pre-installed and working on the vortex III with a SSD? I have re-installed windows 8, but didn't convert the SSD to RAID for the storage technology. Is there any point in using it if you have a 120GB SSD?

I got the start technology hibernation thingy working anyway - DON'T go off the instruction book where it says the shrink volume should be the same as your RAM (i.e. 8000 for me). It needs to be a little more, after spending ages in the cmd window figuring out how to delete the too-small-partition, I went for 8500 and it worked. Again, I'm not sure this is really worth losing the 8.5 GB storage space either.

Any opinions on this?

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
I had this working when I was using Windows 7, but it stopped when I upgraded to Windows 8.

It comes in the Intel Driver package bundle you get from the Clevo Website and installs as default alongside all the other Intel Utilities.

It worked for me on an SSD with Win 7, but haven't seen any point in setting it to work since my upgrade as I do not want to change my Drives to RAID as I am perfectly happy with the way things are working atm.

"If it ain't bust, don't fix it" seemed to make sense to me in this instance :)

Torgan.