interference microphone noise

SCRAW

Hello,

I have an on going problem with my microphone it constantly gives that static noise, I tried different microphones without any results (one from Razer, now I am using HyperX Quadcast) so both of them were USB microphones, also tried different ports, windows options. I don't really know where is the problem, do you think it may be the grounding? Picture of my desk attached, do you have any ideas? Many thanks.

Attachments

• biurko.PNG
    biurko.PNG
    470.7 KB · Views: 386

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Is this a PCS build? If so can you please post the full spec from your order page so that we can all see exactly what platform we're talking about? :)

SCRAW

I doubt that, as PC came ready to go with all drivers on it - the issue was there. Than I uninstalled Realtek drivers and installed the most recent ones - the issue still there, so I decided to try some older ones - issue still there. Do you believe that it may be something with grounding?

Attachments

• realtek.PNG
    realtek.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 149

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I doubt that, as PC came ready to go with all drivers on it - the issue was there. Than I uninstalled Realtek drivers and installed the most recent ones - the issue still there, so I decided to try some older ones - issue still there. Do you believe that it may be something with grounding?
But you said you're using usb headphones, in which case, they're independent of the PC and will need drivers installing.

USB headphones have their own soundcard on board and bypass the PC soundcard so the Realtek drivers have nothing to do with the headphones.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am using HyperX Quadcast which is microphone on its own (https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...ast-gaming-microphone-black-10199414-pdt.html) and it is pretty much plug&play, it does not have any drivers.

**EDIT**
Just btw my headset still use Realtek drivers, as I am connecting through mini jack
Ah, sorry, I completely read it wrong as headset rather than microphone, sorry about that!

Ok, just try reducing the volume in windows and the gain on the mic to 50% and reduce the boost to 0%, does that still cause static?

The other thing to try is is it plugged into a 4 way jack? Try removing the other things connected to that, or plug it into a wall socket if you can to test.

SCRAW

So from wall socket it is going directly to extension lead, and I only use this extension for desktop, monitor and desk lamp. When it comes to windows options it does not seem like it is giving me any other option than general microphone volume, which randomly switches back to 100 after a while (not entirely sure why this is happening) so when I set general microphone level to about 60 then the gain on the mic to 50% it is way better but noise is still there just less loud. Just to clarify that noise is not there constantly it kinda jumps up and down every 2-3 seconds, another thing is that from today it sounds differently than in the past. It was kinda like GSM interference before but now it is just like a noise.

Attachments

• levels.PNG
    levels.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 181

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But also, try plugging the PC into it's own wall socket just to test it, it's possible there's a ground issue on the extension lead.