International nurses day

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A day to remember all the great work that nurses do, my niece is one of those in the attached article

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I sincerely hope after all this pandemic stuff, nurses are given a serious pay rise! They are quite simply the cream of the crop, so utterly selfless.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I sincerely hope after all this pandemic stuff, nurses are given a serious pay rise! They are quite simply the cream of the crop, so utterly selfless.
yeah i hope so too, as i said my niece is one of those in the attached article, she runs a district nursing team, so has to go out to clients in all weathers, the other year they had to get local farmers to help them through the snow

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeah i hope so too, as i said my niece is one of those in the attached article, she runs a district nursing team, so has to go out to clients in all weathers, the other year they had to get local farmers to help them through the snow
A friend of mines mum is a nurse, throughout this whole thing she’s never once moaned or said anything about “because it’s work”, it’s always been about the patients and how genuinely interested she is in seeing them.
Hats off to your niece! And any other of course, we literally owe them for decades to come.

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My missus works for the NHS, she's a bio-med works in Haematology. I believe they've been offered a one time payment of £500 sometime last year that they are being told they should get maybe later in the year with no date. Oh they'll also be taxing the one time payment

I told her she should go private and tell them to ram it

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Since it's 'international' nurses day a big shout out for the nurses in Greece. In my experience they are just as caring, just as dedicated, just as skilled and equally badly paid as in the UK. Hats off to nurses everywhere. 😷

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Since it's 'international' nurses day a big shout out for the nurses in Greece. In my experience they are just as caring, just as dedicated, just as skilled and equally badly paid as in the UK. Hats off to nurses everywhere. 😷
Definitely, nurses are the backbone of any health service and don't get enough recognition for what they do