Internet Speed Boosting Ideas?

Haz256

Hey everyone

So I am back home for summer (yes, I'm a student :eek: ) and my parents live in a place where the internet speed is horrific. The 'internet' struggles to cope with numerous devices trying to watch youtube, netflix, use spotify, browse facebook, download games/app updates, emails etc etc... and it doesn't help that there's 5 people in the house, each with multiple devices.

The internet providers in the area can't offer any higher speeds than 5 mb connections, which we have, and we currently have a Huawei HG533 modem-router provided by talk talk.

So, we get to my question. Does anyone have any advice (on router or PC settings, for example) that could help speed things up? Or at least help the congestion of traffic in the house?

Thanks in advance!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Get a decent router (asus ones are excellent). There's nothing you can do to boost Internet speeds, what your allocated at the exchange via your service provider is what you get, but with a decent router around £100 plus, then you can prioritise traffic to devices or programs, and get the most out of it.