Ionico 15.6 Memory RAM Overlock question

Eldavo

Hi,
I'd like to overclock the RAM of my laptop, but I have a question.
If by mistake I make the pc unbootable, how can I recover it? (aka how can i reset the bios? with my normal pc i could just unplug the cmos battery.)
Thank you!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,
I'd like to overclock the RAM of my laptop, but I have a question.
If by mistake I make the pc unbootable, how can I recover it? (aka how can i reset the bios? with my normal pc i could just unplug the cmos battery.)
Thank you!
Normally these days there's a keyboard sequence of keys that you press at boot time, but you'd need to contact PCS to find out for sure, they should be able to supply you the details.

Macco26

Expert
I'm not sure if that works in our Ionicos, but another Tongfang chassis with same Intel + RTX3070 has this CMOS battery (the black circle):
1617197135045.png

You disconnect both the Main battery plug (for max convenience) and the red/black cable plug of the CMOS battery for some minutes; and the BIOS should reset.
SHOULD.

Contact PCS before that, as others suggested.
They allow laptop opening under warranty.

Eldavo

Ok, if I can open the laptop then I should be able to unplug the battery. Thank you everybody!
I will contact PCS.
Btw, macco, thanks for your video! I'm tuning my ionico following your hints. :)

FerrariVie

Super Star
They confirmed removing battery and cmos does not invalidate warranty. :)
No, of course not.

And that is indeed the way to make it boot again after a failed memory overclock. All PCs and laptops have that CMOS battery to save BIOS settings when they're off or unplugged from the wall/battery, so removing that CMOS will reset BIOS settings to their default.