Ionico 17 issues?

cmoto

Hi guys, have a question about my Ionico 17.

The support told me it has a Thunderbolt usbc before I buy it. But my egpu doesnt work with it. Do I have to install some special drivers or stuff or is it nit a Thunderbolt ?

In really angry, this was the biggest reason for me to buy this notebook, especially with a lame rtx3060 😑

Also the screen hase bluring issues on the edges. You can see it clearly on dark backgrounds. I will post a pic later.

Is this normal?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can you post your full spec from the order page please, we can try to help you then if we know the full picture.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys, have a question about my Ionico 17.

The support told me it has a Thunderbolt usbc before I buy it. But my egpu doesnt work with it. Do I have to install some special drivers or stuff or is it nit a Thunderbolt ?

In really angry, this was the biggest reason for me to buy this notebook, especially with a lame rtx3060 😑
It doesn't have Thunderbolt, only USB C, the two are different things.

Thunderbolt is carried over USB C, but USB C doesn't mean it's thunderbolt.

cmoto

ok so they messed me with this notebook now 🙄 damn I work with this notebook in the studio. We render stuff and do a lot of gpu intensive work. Any one has a suggestion what I can do now? Sending it back is a option but I heard the 3070 ionico 17 is now out of stock?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ok so they messed me with this notebook now 🙄 damn I work with this notebook in the studio. We render stuff and do a lot of gpu intensive work. Any one has a suggestion what I can do now? Sending it back is a option but I heard the 3070 ionico 17 is now out of stock?
How did they mess you? Did you ask if it had usb c or thunderbolt? Like I say they’re 2 very different things. Nowhere on the configurator does it mention it has thunderbolt.

There’s nothing you can do with an eGPU on that laptop, it’s not compatible, you’d need thunderbolt.

Bhuna50

Author Level
ok so the messed me with this notebook now 🙄 damn I work with this notebook in the studio. We render stuff and do a lot of gpu intensive work. Any one has a suggestion what I can do now? Sending it back is a option but I heard the 3070 ionico 17 is now out of stock?

If you know who you spoke to or if you have an email saying Thunderbolt, then please do point it out to PCS (give them a call if you can get through / or even on the Sales webschat) as there may be a training issue for a member of staff to get sorted out.

Obviously they would not have intentionally told you that and its human error - all the specs are there on the website too to see.

Unfortunately if it was the only reason you wanted this then a return is what it has to be

the IONICO DOES NOT HAVE it per the specs - so it doesnt matter about the 17" 3070 version being in stock you will have to choose a different chassis altogether.

cmoto

They told me it oer email, because I wasnt sure, there was thunderbolt written so I called and asked, they sayd yes. I asked for a mail with confirmation. A few days later asked again. I had to be 💯 sure. I dont need a egpu for that work stuff... A Rtx3070 has enough power. But not the 3060. Otherwise I would buy the better gpu version. That was the point for me.

Ok I will ask them for a replacement. Lets se whats possible...

This Notebook is pretty good and solid Im happy so far but this 3060 is a bit to lame for my work. But for gaming it should be ok I think... Didnt test, just benchmark... 5100 points on mark10

Bhuna50

Author Level
I would send a copy of that email back to them as well then please so that whoever told you that can at least be 're-trained' if its needed.

Mistakes need to be pointed out to ensure ongoing continued excellent customer service for others and ensure the same mistake doesnt happen.

It may be worth giving them a call first to discuss in detail

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would send a copy of that email back to them as well then please so that whoever told you that can at least be 're-trained' if its needed.

Mistakes need to be pointed out to ensure ongoing continued excellent customer service for others and ensure the same mistake doesnt happen.

It may be worth giving them a call first to discuss in detail
Completely agree with this, they should never have said it had thunderbolt, that's just bad training UNLESS the configurator is wrong and it does have thunderbolt. You can tell this by going into device manager and checking under "System Devices" and it would be specifically listed:

152285i973B8006C7321CEB.png

I would give them a call and arrange for a straight swap for a comparable Defiance.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Completely agree with this, they should never have said it had thunderbolt, that's just bad training.

I would give them a call and arrange for a straight swap for a comparable Defiance.
Obviously there may be a price differential though as i think the Ionico is slightly more expensive but prior to this, perhaps go in and build a Defiance first to the spec you have / want based on what you have and save that as a quote - you can then say to the person you speak to that you saved this quote number ..etc and hopefully they can arrange something from there.

what drives did you put in the Ionico, as unfortunately, I dont think the Defiance allows for the PCS M2 drives in the configurator (unless they have changed that now)

cmoto

guys another question 😂 I think I cant install my sound drivers corectly... sound is to quiet. No bass nothing. My old Acer vn7 is 3 times louder and sounds like a concert when I compare! No was this is it. My smartphone sound is better. I did something wrong wirh the realtek drivers. Someone know which one is the right driver and how to fix that issue? The drivers they send me are what I use right now.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can you post your full spec please from your order page. Copy all the spec in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmoto

Gehäuse & Display
Ionico-Serie: 17,3"-QHD 165 Hz sRGB 100 % LED-Widescreen, matt (2560 x 1440)
Prozessor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 8 Core 10875H (2.3 GHz, 5.1 GHz Turbo)
Arbeitsspeicher
32 GB Corsair 2666 MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16 GB)
Grafikkarte
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 – 6,0 GB GDDR6-Video-RAM – DirectX® 12,1
1. M.2 SSD-Laufwerk
500 GB-SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (bis zu 3500 MB/R, 3200 MB/W)
Speicherkartenleser
Integrierter Micro-SD-Speicherkartenleser
AC-Adapter
1 x Netzteil 230 W
Stromkabel
1 x europäisches Netzkabel, 1 Meter (SchuKo Stecker)
Batterie
Integrierter Lithium-Ionen-Akku der Serie Ionico (91 Wh)
Wärmeleitpaste
ARCTIC MX-4-EXTREME-KOMPONENTE FÜR EXTREME WÄRMELEITFÄHIGKEIT
Soundkarte
2-Kanal-High-Definition-Audio + Mikrofon-/Kopfhörerbuchse
WLAN-Karte
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ WIRELESS-AX 1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0
USB-/Thunderbolt-Optionen
1 x USB 3.2-ANSCHLUSS (Typ C), 3 x USB 3.2-ANSCHLÜSSE
Tastatursprache
DEUTSCHE RGB-TASTATUR MIT HINTERGRUNDBELEUCHTUNG DER IONICO 17-SERIE
Betriebssystem
KEIN BETRIEBSSYSTEM ERFORDERLICH
Sprache des Betriebssystems
Deutschland/Deutschland – Deutsch
Windows-Wiederherstellungsmedium
WIEDERHERSTELLUNGSMEDIEN NICHT ERFORDERLICH
Bürosoftware
KOSTENLOSE 30 Tage-Testversion von Microsoft 365® (Betriebssystem erforderlich)
Antivirus
KEINE ANTIVIRUS-SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Tastatur & Maus
INTEGRIERTE 2-TASTEN-TOUCHPAD-MAUS
Webcam
INTEGRIERTE 1 MP-HD-WEBCAM
Garantie
3 Jahre Gold-Garantie (2 Jahre Abholung und erneute Lieferung, 2 Jahre Teile, 3 Jahre Arbeit)
Garantie gegen fehlerhafte Pixel
1 Jahr Garantie gegen tote Pixel inkl. Arbeits- und Transportkosten
Lieferung
LIEFERUNG AM NÄCHSTEN TAG NACH DEUTSCHLAND
Herstellungszeit
SCHNELLBAU INNERHALB VON 3 ARBEITSTAGEN
Begrüßungsbuch
PCZ Begrüßungsbuch - Deutschland

here they are... sorry for the german titels.

The main reason I spent more going for the Ionico was the lack of Thunderbolt, because Oculus Quest isn't compatible with it. Always seemed odd that their most expensive chassis didn't have it.

cmoto

Hi guys, I post my question here again in a separate post, because its not related to my other one...

Did anyone check if the Notebook has a Soundwoofer? My Phone is louder then my Notebook and has better sound. Drivers I testet: pcs drivers, special modded drivers, latest Realtek drivers and so on... Allways with clean remove and install of them.

Nothing works.

I think my subwoofer could be disconnected during transport so before I open it up, I wanted to check If someone knows something that could help 😭😄

Bhuna50

Author Level
If you go to the PCS website and click the link for the Ionico and then click on the Detailed Specs page:

1615670578652.png

You will see that the Ionico only has 2 x 2w speakers:

1615670633982.png

so I expect them not to be too loud anyway.

As they are likely to be on the bottom of the laptop as well then prop it up slightly if its on a flat surface as the sound might be muffled slightly by the surface it is on.