Ionico 17 Questions

StephenUK

Hi,

I understand the spec of this model is variable - for clarity my questions relate to the | i7-11800H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, RTX 3060 | model.

• Is the battery easily removable or otherwise replaceable?
  • What is the quality of the built in keyboard and touch pad? Is the keyboard mechanical or RD and is the touch pad responsive?
  • Is the built in cooling adequate under load (users only please)
  • What elements of the device are easily user replaceable/augmented (RAM, HDD etc)

Many Thanks

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

I understand the spec of this model is variable - for clarity my questions relate to the | i7-11800H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, RTX 3060 | model.

• Is the battery easily removable or otherwise replaceable?
  • What is the quality of the built in keyboard and touch pad? Is the keyboard mechanical or RD and is the touch pad responsive?
  • Is the built in cooling adequate under load (users only please)
  • What elements of the device are easily user replaceable/augmented (RAM, HDD etc)

Many Thanks

Hello,
To your first question: It's not easily removable. Because you can't seperate the battery from the body. It's inside the laptop.

The keyboard quality not too bad actually, it doesn't bother me the typing noice. What concerns me is the keys are fading somehow. Especially WASD keys are significantly gone on my keyboard. But I'm using external keyboard to prevent this problem. The keyboard isn't mechanical by the way.

Touch pad is good. Works fine and feels good to touch it.

Cooling system on my laptop was my biggest concern when I got the laptop. Using the laptop on "balanced" mode is enough to keep the laptop cool under load but if you want to push the limits such as using the turbo mode, you'll be reaching +90 degrees and I think it is not reasonable. I did my first thermal paste on my 5th month since I got the laptop. When I opened it, it was so clean and all parts were solid. Just in case I repasted but I didn't see any difference after I repaste it because there wasn't any thermal paste problem in my case.

To your last question; I haven't changed anything yet but I can say that it would be easy. When I see the inside of the laptop, first thing came to my mind was the laptop's inside is well-organized.

TL;DR: Everything is good about the laptop, I'm happy to have it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just further to this, on any Intel chassis, you are expected to know how to optimise Temps with an undervolt. This is true of any Intel 10rh or 11th gen chassis as the cpus use so much wattage to give normal performance.

This is a limitation of the cpus, not the chassis.

@Cenksenci has not been able to follow the guidance to optimise his setup, so I would take his advice with a pinch of salt.

The battery is easily removable as any internal component but it is built in, not modular.

Last edited:

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
After clean install of Win11, I followed the guidance now my system works flawless. Even in Ultra settings of most AAA games, it works on roughly ~70 degree on full load and I barely can hear the fan noises. As I said, I might have failed before but now I learned somethings from my mistakes. Glad I didn’t damage my components.

xexuxjy

The Ionico gets quite loud under certain loads, but overall it's pretty impressive for such a thin laptop. I had an older PCS laptop that was much bulkier and the Ionico is performing really well and the 3070 in it does a very good job. One issue I have had though is the keyboard, it could just be my laptop but I have a lot of issues with missed keypresses - the keyboard action itself is ok and feels quite nice, but quite maddeningly it seems to have issues with standard key combinations, not picking up on alt-key , ctrl-key combinations and missing space bar hits. As I use it a lot for programming it drives me mad and have thought about a RTM but didn't know if it was just me or if others were having issues.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Ionico gets quite loud under certain loads, but overall it's pretty impressive for such a thin laptop. I had an older PCS laptop that was much bulkier and the Ionico is performing really well and the 3070 in it does a very good job. One issue I have had though is the keyboard, it could just be my laptop but I have a lot of issues with missed keypresses - the keyboard action itself is ok and feels quite nice, but quite maddeningly it seems to have issues with standard key combinations, not picking up on alt-key , ctrl-key combinations and missing space bar hits. As I use it a lot for programming it drives me mad and have thought about a RTM but didn't know if it was just me or if others were having issues.
Yeah, that's not just you re the keyboard, a lot of people have found this with the ionico faux mechanical keys. They need to be pressed in a certain way to get a proper connection. If you press them up towards the top of the key it tends not to register.