Ionico 17 - RTX 3070 - Impressive Beast

Finally received my new Ionico 17 laptop to replace my 5 year old PCZ Optimus Series: 17.3. All I can say is that this new laptop is stupidly fast and powerful, I thought my old laptop was fast, this thing is in a different league entirely.

Build quality is fantastic, and looks god damn sexy :)
The screen is beautiful with the 165hz refresh
nice keyboard with RGB backlights are wonderful to type on
The office mode is nice for quiet operation aswell as the battery saver "stationary mode" within the control centre is a nice touch.

I am not using the laptop for gaming, however I did test out forza horizon 4 and it is silky smooth at maxed out settings at 1440p,
I am mainly using my laptop for music production, mixing and mastering as well as Djing, video editing and photo editing. so far this laptop is more than capable of processing all these tasks with no bottlenecks. I see myself keeping this laptop for many years to come.

its crazy how much smaller, thinner and lighter this laptop is compared to my old optimus.

Attachments

• InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 19.56.35_LI.jpg
    InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 19.56.35_LI.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 486
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 01.04.55 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 01.04.55 (1).jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 464
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 01.04.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 01.04.55.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 419

kshnnnn

Finally received my new Ionico 17 laptop to replace my 5 year old PCZ Optimus Series: 17.3. All I can say is that this new laptop is stupidly fast and powerful, I thought my old laptop was fast, this thing is in a different league entirely.

Build quality is fantastic, and looks god damn sexy :)
The screen is beautiful with the 165hz refresh
nice keyboard with RGB backlights are wonderful to type on
The office mode is nice for quiet operation aswell as the battery saver "stationary mode" within the control centre is a nice touch.

I am not using the laptop for gaming, however I did test out forza horizon 4 and it is silky smooth at maxed out settings at 1440p,
I am mainly using my laptop for music production, mixing and mastering as well as Djing, video editing and photo editing. so far this laptop is more than capable of processing all these tasks with no bottlenecks. I see myself keeping this laptop for many years to come.

its crazy how much smaller, thinner and lighter this laptop is compared to my old optimus.
Hey bud, I got my Ionico about a week ago. It's a great laptop, and a massive step-up for me as well coming from a beat-up 2012 Mac! I've been having one minor problem though, and that's my wireless earbuds having audio cut out and get choppy if I move my head or if I cover my ears with my hands (with the earbuds in my ears in both cases). If you've got wireless earbuds, do you think you could do me a favour and test them out for me. There's definitely an issue somewhere with the Bluetooth in my laptop because I've tested it with my earbuds (Jabra Active Elite 75T and Apple AirPods Pro. I'm wondering if it's an Ionico thing or just my laptop. I'm still in talks with PCS to fix the issue, and so far they've recommended updating my Bluetooth drivers. Everything is up-to-date, yet the problem persists. So I'm going to troubleshoot it in the meantime. Let me know how it goes!

Last edited:
Hey bud, I got my Ionico about a week ago. It's a great laptop, and a massive step-up for me as well coming from a beat-up 2012 Mac! I've been having one minor problem though, and that's mt wireless earbuds having audio cut out and get choppy if I move my head or if I cover my ears with my hands (with the earbuds in my ears in both cases). If you've got wireless earbuds, do you think you could do me a favour and test them out for me. There's definitely an issue somewhere with the Bluetooth in my laptop because I've tested it with my earbuds (Jabra Active Elite 75T and Apple AirPods Pro. I'm wondering if it's an Ionico thing or just my laptop. I'm still in talks with PCS to fix the issue, and so far they've recommended updating my Bluetooth drivers. Everything is up-to-date, yet the problem persists. So I'm going to troubleshoot it in the meantime. Let me know how it goes!
will give it try with some bluetooth headphones i have, but i use wired audiophile/reference headphones all the time. wireless headphones are for the gym :)

kshnnnn

Also, another thing that probably isn't even an issue (but could be some room for improvement regarding quality control) - could you please check the grill underneath your screen? In the image attached, the purple circles from right to left are: big gap, small gap, big gap, and then a small gap (purple arrow) (I'm assuming this is all intentionally implemented); then if you look at the immediate left of that last small gap, there seem to be two grill lines next to each other that have been equally severed - hence the white squares (where the red arrow is pointing). To clarify, by 'gap', I mean a certain amount of space with no grill lines, not an actual, physical gap. I don't know if the white squares were implemented on purpose or if they partially damaged my grill - it's just messing with my OCD. Was wondering if you could share how it's looking on your laptop.

Attachments

• 20210323_152117.jpg
    20210323_152117.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 367

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
What are the idle and load temepratures like?
Gaming Mode Idle = CPU and GPU: 46º - 52º
Gaming Mode Load = CPU and GPU temps changes depends on what kind of game or program is launched
but if I have to speak for a specific game such as:
Red Dead Redemption 2 = CPU: 68º - 75º , GPU: 75º - 80º but sometimes can reach to between 85º - 88º but not for long.

I'll put two screenshots whilst CPU-GPU Monitor (MSI Afterburner) is open.

Edit: I'm using the laptop (Ionico 17.3' RTX3070) on a cooling pad 2 x 125mm fans - 1200RPM

Attachments

• 20210321233011_1.jpg
    20210321233011_1.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 20210324010743_1.jpg
    20210324010743_1.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Also, another thing that probably isn't even an issue (but could be some room for improvement regarding quality control) - could you please check the grill underneath your screen? In the image attached, the purple circles from right to left are: big gap, small gap, big gap, and then a small gap (purple arrow) (I'm assuming this is all intentionally implemented); then if you look at the immediate left of that last small gap, there seem to be two grill lines next to each other that have been equally severed - hence the white squares (where the red arrow is pointing). To clarify, by 'gap', I mean a certain amount of space with no grill lines, not an actual, physical gap. I don't know if the white squares were implemented on purpose or if they partially damaged my grill - it's just messing with my OCD. Was wondering if you could share how it's looking on your laptop.
mine is exactly the same with those larger gaps in the vents, nothing is broken.

Hey bud, I got my Ionico about a week ago. It's a great laptop, and a massive step-up for me as well coming from a beat-up 2012 Mac! I've been having one minor problem though, and that's my wireless earbuds having audio cut out and get choppy if I move my head or if I cover my ears with my hands (with the earbuds in my ears in both cases). If you've got wireless earbuds, do you think you could do me a favour and test them out for me. There's definitely an issue somewhere with the Bluetooth in my laptop because I've tested it with my earbuds (Jabra Active Elite 75T and Apple AirPods Pro. I'm wondering if it's an Ionico thing or just my laptop. I'm still in talks with PCS to fix the issue, and so far they've recommended updating my Bluetooth drivers. Everything is up-to-date, yet the problem persists. So I'm going to troubleshoot it in the meantime. Let me know how it goes!
im using my laptop bluetooth connected to my JBL boombox, audio is working perfectly