Ionico 17"

cedrixman

Hi,

A friend of mine just received his own Ionico 17" and he is very happy with it. Very impressive and light 17" (I am still waiting for mine because of a wrong delivery, thanks to FedEx...).

There is no control center installed so he tries the CC from an equivalent supplier of this laptop.

After some tests, essentialy 3dmark, he realises that, in office mode, the performance are awful. With RTSS during Timespy benchmark, CPU power limited : 10W, GPU power limited : 27W. In balanced mode : almost 10k score. In beast mode, GPU at 125W + boost of 15W, above 10k score.

In the CC, here are the PL1, PL2 and PL4 setup :
  • Office mode - P1 : 35W, PL2 : 35W, PL4 : 165W
  • Balanced mode - PL1 : 60W, PL2 : 60W, PL4 : 165W
  • Beast mode - PL1 : 75W, PL2 : 75W, PL4 : 165W
In HWINFO64, however setup i choose, the PL1 and PL2 remain the same : 120W

The bios details are :
  • BIOS Version : N.1.04PCS02
  • BIOS Release Date : 01/21/2021
  • System BIOS Version : 5.17
  • Embedded Controller Firmware Version : 1.9
If, by any chance, someone can send me the last version of drivers + CC in 3.x (wetransfer or equivalent link), it will be much appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance,

Cédric

Last edited by a moderator:

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Hi @cedrixman . Cant help you with CC but I have some questions if you don't mind. How are the CPU/GPU temperatures under full load and during gaming? Some users are having high temperature issues as they mentioned on the forums. Is balanced mode good enough to keep cpu stabil and low temp? I am wondering how's his one?

I am assuming the only bad thing about the laptop is bad performance on office mode right? Because you said your friend is happy with. I am askin because I am expecting to get one of these soon-ish. The feedbacks would be greatful, thanks.

Macco26

Expert
Hi,

A friend of mine just received his own Ionico 17" and he is very happy with it. Very impressive and light 17" (I am still waiting for mine because of a wrong delivery, thanks to FedEx...).

There is no control center installed so he tries the CC from an equivalent supplier of this laptop, Eluktronics.

After some tests, essentialy 3dmark, he realises that, in office mode, the performance are awful. With RTSS during Timespy benchmark, CPU power limited : 10W, GPU power limited : 27W. In balanced mode : almost 10k score. In beast mode, GPU at 125W + boost of 15W, above 10k score.

In the CC, here are the PL1, PL2 and PL4 setup :
  • Office mode - P1 : 35W, PL2 : 35W, PL4 : 165W
  • Balanced mode - PL1 : 60W, PL2 : 60W, PL4 : 165W
  • Beast mode - PL1 : 75W, PL2 : 75W, PL4 : 165W
In HWINFO64, however setup i choose, the PL1 and PL2 remain the same : 120W

The bios details are :
  • BIOS Version : N.1.04PCS02
  • BIOS Release Date : 01/21/2021
  • System BIOS Version : 5.17
  • Embedded Controller Firmware Version : 1.9
If, by any chance, someone can send me the last version of drivers + CC in 3.x (wetransfer or equivalent link), it will be much appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance,

Cédric
mmm.. I haven't yet received my Ionico but the fact that the CC seems not to move the PL in reality is a bit concerning. Anyway if your friend should live chat with PCS as they'll provide a direct link to their CC 3.x (I do know it's an older version than eluk, but maybe it works?).

If anything goes wrong, PL1 and PL2 can also be adjusted by 3rd party apps, like Thottlestop, but if PCS provided a CC which works you should not go this route.

EDIT PS: did you unistall any previous CC, like 1.x or 2.x? Might be those which force a given PL?

cedrixman

Did someone knows what is TongFang adress where i can download the drivers ? I do not remember it. I know it exists and you have to indicate the laptop serial number.
Tks un advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did someone knows what is TongFang adress where i can download the drivers ? I do not remember it. I know it exists and you have to indicate the laptop serial number.
Tks un advance
You need to contact PCS for any drivers, they should populate your online account.

Macco26

Expert
@cedrixman
An official from the manufacturer does exist, but some people who tried entering their s/n saw nothing to download in there.
So what Spydertracks suggests might be a good option.