Ionico (2022) i7-11800H Temps

Anyone an expert on CPU temps? Mine seem to have been rather high- CPU package temps up into the 60s in Office mode, and into the 70s at idle. Temperatures increase quickly under fairly light loads- even 10% or so CPU usage results in a lot of fan noise!
I've had the laptop around a year, but I think it's always been like this, tbh. Is this normal? I'm wondering about doing a re-paste- is there a disassembly guide to assist with this? Any other thoughts?
Cheers
Charlie

Attachments

• Ionico Temps Gaming Idle.jpg
    Ionico Temps Gaming Idle.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Ionico Temps Office Idle.jpg
    Ionico Temps Office Idle.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 63

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyone an expert on CPU temps? Mine seem to have been rather high- CPU package temps up into the 60s in Office mode, and into the 70s at idle. Temperatures increase quickly under fairly light loads- even 10% or so CPU usage results in a lot of fan noise!
I've had the laptop around a year, but I think it's always been like this, tbh. Is this normal? I'm wondering about doing a re-paste- is there a disassembly guide to assist with this? Any other thoughts?
Cheers
Charlie
Yeah, that needs a repaste, the 1100 series run extremely hot, and a laptop needs repasting once a year along with cleaning out the fans of dust and making sure heatsinks are clean of dust also.

There are lots of reviews online for repasting. If you need help removing the rear panel, if you can post the chassis model number which should be on a label on the underside?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks, @SpyderTracks . The chassis is GM51DY, I think- I can get the back panel off no problem, and unless anyone has any particular tips, I will just have a go at removing heatsinks etc.

Ta
There are tutorials on youtube, you want a small pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU, then let the clamp force of the heatsink spread it naturally, and as @Martinr36 says, screw the heatsink screws in the correct order to apply even pressure.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There are tutorials on youtube, you want a small pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU, then let the clamp force of the heatsink spread it naturally, and as @Martinr36 says, screw the heatsink screws in the correct order to apply even pressure.
interesting video here, talking about the best way to apply paste

So, I finally got round to attempting this. Case-back removed, no problem, screws out of GPU and CPU heatsinks (3 each). However, the sink / fan assembly remained very firmly in place. Looking at the internals, it's actually not that clear how much I would need to remove to actually do this job- there's bits of sticky stuff around the place, particularly around the exit vents, which obscure the job somewhat. See attached picture!
I don't know if there's a detailed disassembly guide anywhere (I haven't found one yet) for this chassis, but I think for now I'm going to park this job!
ATB