Ionico CPU 90deg, usage 45%?

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Ok. Quick test at lunchtime. I deleted TS .ini file (did not roll back nvidia driver).
Msfs20 now runs at high 80's CPU but not throttled, high 70s low 80s Gpu on low settings. If I bump to high settings SS etc then Cpu low 80s, gpu mid 80s. This is with pl1=pl2 =45w in CC. I changed to 35w mid game but am not sure if you need to restart for effect? Anyway, moving in the right direction. What would be recommended sustained temps for CPU and gpu? 85 and 80?
Also no undervolt at this time.

Macco26

Expert
CC PL are immediately taken. You can check with Throttle stop PKL field. You can launch TS it will just monitor.
Temperature are fine, considering you're avoiding undervolting. Now time to apply it and lower even further. Don't move anything else in TS though.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Ok. Quick test at lunchtime. I deleted TS .ini file (did not roll back nvidia driver).
Msfs20 now runs at high 80's CPU but not throttled, high 70s low 80s Gpu on low settings. If I bump to high settings SS etc then Cpu low 80s, gpu mid 80s. This is with pl1=pl2 =45w in CC. I changed to 35w mid game but am not sure if you need to restart for effect? Anyway, moving in the right direction. What would be recommended sustained temps for CPU and gpu? 85 and 80?
Also no undervolt at this time.
Well, @Paulbax l I think in my case the problem is PL4 because the only way I could fixed this is setting PL4 to 75W. PL1 and PL2 are set to 60W. Couldn't see the difference between 35W and 60W... Maybe there is some difference but as @Macco26 mentioned before, some values are kind of "fake" in PCS CC. I've seen CPU was 60 degree with QUIET FAN on Office Mod and I got decent FPS/Performance whilst playing AAA game. Strange because I expected to see much higher temperature without using fan. The laptop was "Dead Silence" and also literally cold. Unbelivable! I don't know how. Anyway, I only changed PL4 like I said, the others are the same, never changed. And CPU Temp back to normal. (74-82 degree)

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
CC PL are immediately taken. You can check with Throttle stop PKL field. You can launch TS it will just monitor.
Temperature are fine, considering you're avoiding undervolting. Now time to apply it and lower even further. Don't move anything else in TS though.
I launched TS again. The undervolting has reset to zero. However the PL1,2,4 numbers are the same as I last showed (new pic attached) where we thought I had made an error. When I did my early changes I took photos of screens before changing values so I could reset. I did not take any of that screen on TS and I believe they were the same as another users was. So in short, I am reasonably confident I only undervolted.
I am now on CC game mode with CPU PL1&2=35w and PL4=165w. Not sure why TS has defaulted to the values in the pic?
My subsequent posted improvements were after dropping CC values. I believe @Macco said TS sets a hard limit CC works within? Again in short I think my problems were caused by my CC settings rather than TS? Game mode was essentially set to turbo with a CPU temp throttle at 90degC.

Attachments

• 20210402_081541.jpg
    20210402_081541.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 123

Macco26

Expert
Yes, provided you are using CC 3.x, the TS PL limit won't be reached, you'll be using the PL limits of the CC current profile. And CC can't exceed the PL limts set in TS, so it's a good idea keep TS limits high with no risk.
It should be fine as you have.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Yes, provided you are using CC 3.x, the TS PL limit won't be reached, you'll be using the PL limits of the CC current profile. And CC can't exceed the PL limts set in TS, so it's a good idea keep TS limits high with no risk.
It should be fine as you have.
Thanks. Playing MSFS20 VR earlier. Both CPU and GPU at 85degC. Laptop back raised. Flying out of london city airport at dawn was a scary moment as I had raised clouds to ultra. The sunrise was spectacular! 25-30fps (v.low but ok in msfs). Note I do have low altitude micro stutters but cannot lose these even with low settings...

Last edited by a moderator: