Ionico Update

barlew

Godlike
Wow that's a long time, thanks for the reply I've ordered mine today I paid extra for fast shipping hopefully it will be here Saturday fingers crosed
Haha if you think that's a long time head over to the desktop 3070 and 3060 forums and have a look how long some of those guys have been waiting for their PC's!

men8ifr

Well I actually order an Asus TUF laptop a month or 6 weeks ago and 2 weeks later it was cancelled because they could not get chips.. I've been deliberating ever since, really wanted a 5800x and 3060 but was fed up with waiting

men8ifr

If you plan on doing a lot of productivity (rendering, compiling, coding) you'll see massive improvements.

AAh no don't say that I've convinced myself the 10875 is not so much slower... anyway my choice for a QHD 17" laptop is very limited (or non-existent..) If PCS bring out a Ryszen Ionico 17 in the next month though (and if it's cheaper) I wont be happy!

Macco26

Expert
This is what you leave on the table with Intel 10875H vs 5800H:

CB R20 singlecore score: -10%
1616957182894.png

CB R20 multicore score: -29%
1616957202384.png

This on average, so depends on the thermals of each laptop, but anywhere near 20% is a good guess.
This however at stock. 10875H can be undervolted so can reach higher Ghz for more time given the less heat than stock. Still, no less than 18% improvement.

Yeah, big improvements in productivity. Not in gaming however, as we said earlier.

men8ifr

Well you pays your money you take your choice, I decided I couldn't wait any longer and could not find a QHD 17" laptop with 3000 graphics for a similar price - I just hope the performance is a nice surprise when I get it.

men8ifr

I can't help but still look until I have the ionico in my hands, still no sign of a QHD 17" RTX 3000 series for less than 2k with a Ryzen 5000 processor so I'm hoping it stays that way until I have my laptop and stop looking - My machine is built and in testing now, I'm hoping they ship it before the weekend...

barlew

Godlike
I can't help but still look until I have the ionico in my hands, still no sign of a QHD 17" RTX 3000 series for less than 2k with a Ryzen 5000 processor so I'm hoping it stays that way until I have my laptop and stop looking - My machine is built and in testing now, I'm hoping they ship it before the weekend...
Haha if your machine is built and in testing its already time to stop looking!

Macco26

Expert
My assembly lasted 1 day, testing another, and the same day it was ready to being picked by the courier. Then, if the shipment is EU (and not UK) you're in the hands of customs and Fedex, however 3-4 days on average.

men8ifr

I'm in the UK so hopefully will be fast, and maybe shipped tomorrow may even be a possibility. As I type this my current laptop knows its for the chop so has the fans whirring sounding like a vacuum cleaner trying to calculate some files and has repeatedly complained it has ran out of disk space..