Is 45% nstc really that bad?

Grals

I've been thinking about buying the 15''6 Optimus Pro, but i read in other forums that a 120Hz screen with 45% nstc isnt the best choice, this laptops is mainly to work in music and game in my free time

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been thinking about buying the 15''6 Optimus Pro, but i read in other forums that a 120Hz screen with 45% nstc isnt the best choice, this laptops is mainly to work in music and game in my free time
The NTSC is a colour profile, so it's basically saying 45% of colours within that profile are represented accurately.

This is particularly important for videographers or photo editors who need the image to look as close to real colours as possible as they then need to edit it accurately and it would look wrong if they assign the wrong colour.

For gaming and DAW stuff, there's no real requirement for this, it's of almost zero importance. Some people still look for colour accuracy for gaming, but IMHO, it's of no importance.

With the screen, most screens would be 144Hz. The difference between 120Hz and 144Hz is so slight that most people wouldn't actually notice it. Some competitive players who are used to playing at 240hz would obviously notice it, but not 99% of players.

But these are both tradeoffs off a very budget chassis, if these are important factors, you really need to be looking at a higher end build.

Last edited:

Grals

The NTSC is a colour profile, so it's basically saying 45% of colours within that profile are represented accurately.

This is particularly important for videographers or photo editors who need the image to look as close to real colours as possible as they then need to edit it accurately and it would look wrong if they assign the wrong colour.

For gaming and DAW stuff, there's no real requirement for this, it's of almost zero importance. Some people still look for colour accuracy for gaming, but IMHO, it's of no importance.

With the screen, most screens would be 144Hz. The difference between 120Hz and 144Hz is so slight that most people wouldn't actually notice it. Some competitive players who are used to playing at 240hz would obviously notice it, but not 99% of players.

But these are both tradeoffs off a very budget chassis, if these are important factors, you really need to be looking at a higher end build.
Thank you so much for your response