Is anyone having problems with Steam?

kruppsy

Master
Me again :)

Im having trouble getting into Steam.

When I boot it up I get the small window appear which says something like 'Connecting to account...', it stays on screen for about 30 seconds, then disappears and Steam is no longer running.

I've tried deleting/changing the name of the ClientRegistryBlob file as mentioned in some troubleshooting guides, this worked the first time I did it but now this won't work either. The only other solution I can find on the interweb is uninstalling and reinstalling an older version. I havn't tried this yet to be honest as I read mixed feedback as to whether it works. But I just wondered If there's another way to sort it out and if other people are having/had the same issue?

My OS is Win 7 64bit.

Cheers in advance :)

steaky360

I've had issues like that but I've just found that waiting a minute and restarting steam tends to sort it out.

kruppsy

Master
Thanks guys. I tried both those though :(

I was having a nightmare last night, the same thing was happening for Origin, that wouldnt even load up! Double click, nothing happened? I eventually got it working by re-installing. Maybe that's what im going to have to try for Steam as well. I think my laptop is depressed! :D

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I think the same thing happened on my brother's laptop. It's only a standard laptop (not custom) but he plays Chivalry on it using Steam and it did pop up for a tiny bit the other night. Wasn't too huge of a deal though and quickly disappeared. Have you logged out of steam lately? There could be a problem with your stored details or something that could require a fresh login rather than signing in automatically?

kruppsy

Master
I think the same thing happened on my brother's laptop. It's only a standard laptop (not custom) but he plays Chivalry on it using Steam and it did pop up for a tiny bit the other night. Wasn't too huge of a deal though and quickly disappeared. Have you logged out of steam lately? There could be a problem with your stored details or something that could require a fresh login rather than signing in automatically?

Sorry mate I wasn't too clear, I meant when I boot(load up) up steam, I don't have it auto signing in.

Its weird but it seems to have sorted itself out now anyways, didn't need to re-install, just started working again....very odd...

You're probably right though, auto signing in with steam may not be a great idea. :)

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Sorry mate I wasn't too clear, I meant when I boot(load up) up steam, I don't have it auto signing in.

Its weird but it seems to have sorted itself out now anyways, didn't need to re-install, just started working again....very odd...

You're probably right though, auto signing in with steam may not be a great idea. :)

Ah fair enough, Steam seems to be very 'hit and miss' anyway. We seem to get the error popping up quite alot now that when you start a game it says that the application has failed as it is already running yet the game starts anyway. Doesn't effect us in anyway but still a strange thing to pop up.