Is it expensive to have a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beverly Whiteaker

Hello! I've put up a customized items business. I have Facebook and Instagram for marketing my stuffs. A friend suggested I should also have my own website. Is it hard to maintain your own website? Will it cost me a lot? I really don't have any idea. I need help. :)

LFFPicard

Godlike
Yes and No.

Depends what you wan tot do really, when you say customized items business are you talking like a shop? If so there are some free solutions out there that require a bit of know how or research like cubecart etc, or you can get a turnkey shop that is all ready made for you you just need to customise it.

Of course you will either need to buy a domain and hosting if you do it yourself, or most turnkey sites host it for you as they wont release the code etc.

Hosting you can go for cheap but reliable places like.
Dreamhost
Hostgator
Justhost
hostpapa

All of these have a control panel with premade scripts to install including shopping cart systems.

Or you can try a turnkay place like
https://www.lcn.com/opencart_hosting

This includes the hosting and the cart system, all you need to do is buy a domain name form somewhere like godaddy or 123 reg

Lastly and one that I used but never finished, wordpress. You can make a site with it and there is a shop system you can add to it. I started to make a site and added the shopping cart system before interest was lost by the end party.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you're doing a shop e-commerce site, i'd recommend www.weebly.com as a cheap user friendly solution. They can supply you a domain at a .weebly address or you can first buy your own domain through a host like godaddy (costs anywhere from a couple of quid to ten pounds per year depending on the .com/.co.uk/.biz etc). Then you simply drag and drop images to make the site how you like rather than having to know how to code or getting someone to do it for you.

Then for a simple small business solution they charge £19/month if paid annually and this includes all the e-commerce trading setup and payment system forwarded to your account of choice.

Beverly Whiteaker

If you're doing a shop e-commerce site, i'd recommend www.weebly.com as a cheap user friendly solution. They can supply you a domain at a .weebly address or you can first buy your own domain through a host like godaddy (costs anywhere from a couple of quid to ten pounds per year depending on the .com/.co.uk/.biz etc). Then you simply drag and drop images to make the site how you like rather than having to know how to code or getting someone to do it for you.

Then for a simple small business solution they charge £19/month if paid annually and this includes all the e-commerce trading setup and payment system forwarded to your account of choice.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm checking on weebly now. I'm also reading about Shopify. Any experience using this?

Beverly Whiteaker

I wonder would it look bad if I add a ppc campaign in my online shop's website? My cousin said I should try it out so I can get extra income. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Karnor00

Bright Spark
One of the things to bear in mind about that kind of advertising is that they are surprisingly smart about what adverts they target to people. And the last thing you probably want is adverts for your competitors appearing on your own shop website.

Status
Not open for further replies.