Is it safe to add fans here?

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Okay so I want to install some more fans for my PC, as the front fans aren’t really good for cooling...you’ve probably already seen them

Is it safe to add some roof fans here, above the AIO tubes? I’ve included some pics of where I want them and also the distance from the roof to the AIO tube, gap is the size of a screwdriver’s thickness

Is this a stupid idea?? Let me know please

Attachments

• 2F87B538-CC46-4CF8-A3C3-71B5A5C7A2D7.jpeg
    2F87B538-CC46-4CF8-A3C3-71B5A5C7A2D7.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 244
  • C387CEA0-0FDC-4A4D-9CE8-FB3F809B6697.jpeg
    C387CEA0-0FDC-4A4D-9CE8-FB3F809B6697.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 282
  • C5D15E3F-1834-409F-B1C8-C349D31CE426.jpeg
    C5D15E3F-1834-409F-B1C8-C349D31CE426.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 217

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would just move the radiator to the top of the case, it should t really be at the front anyway, doesn’t make a lot of sense

TomBerry

Bright Spark
If I was you I'd be thinking about replacing the front fans rather than adding more..though what ones to get is for someone else to recommend

The front fans aren't a problem, there's just a plastic cover on the front of the case that I can't remove at all so there's no air flow to it, swapping the front fans would do nothing :(

I would just move the radiator to the top of the case, it should t really be at the front anyway, doesn’t make a lot of sense

I'd have no idea how to do that properly or safely, especially if the tubing is rigid, maybe I should replace my rear fan for something stronger or is it strong enough?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Did PCS install that cooler or have you moved it at some point?

First rule of installing an AIO cooler..... have the tubes coming off the bottom as you'll end up drawing in air if it's not 100% filled. I would be immediately turning that radiator around.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Did PCS install that cooler or have you moved it at some point?

First rule of installing an AIO cooler..... have the tubes coming off the bottom as you'll end up drawing in air if it's not 100% filled. I would be immediately turning that radiator around.

PCS installed it like this, I have no experience at all at moving stuff around PC's, installed my new WiFi card today manually and I can't even put my screw holder back on properly LOL

Is it simple to turn around without messing it up?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'll be honest, I would be absolutely raging if that was my system. It's a lot of hassle to send it back to put right though so I would definitely be having a go myself.

You will need to have a look at how the radiator is attached to the case. It may need the front panel removed in order to access the screws.

It should be fairly straight forward, there are normally 2/4 (depends on rad size etc) screws holding the radiator/fan assembly in place. Remove these, turn it round through 180 degrees and then screw it back in place as it was removed.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
I'll be honest, I would be absolutely raging if that was my system. It's a lot of hassle to send it back to put right though so I would definitely be having a go myself.

You will need to have a look at how the radiator is attached to the case. It may need the front panel removed in order to access the screws.

It should be fairly straight forward, there are normally 2/4 (depends on rad size etc) screws holding the radiator/fan assembly in place. Remove these, turn it round through 180 degrees and then screw it back in place as it was removed.

Sorry to jump on the thread but I’ve been unpacking my PC and it looks like it’s been set up very similar to Tom’s above.

The radiator is attached at the front - sucking in air. With the tubes in to the top of the radiator. The fans that come with the Fractal Meshify S2 Case have been installed on the top to exhaust the air along side the fan at the back.

Should I look at moving the radiator to the top of it fits? I note there’s not a lot of room above the RGB RAM and I guess it might get a little tricky with cable management? Or at least flip the radiator around so the tubes are at the bottom?

D123B94A-2B39-4CCD-ACDB-1ABF619A183F.jpeg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you dont have any air in the system and it's running well, this will be about as good as it gets for cooling the CPU (fresh air in over the cooler).

The only issue with that orientation is if there are air bubbles in the reservoir (there shouldn't be with high quality coolers).

Check your CPU/GPU temps under stress. If all is fine then you should be good to go.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
Awesome - In meantime been reading the manual have found the right details as well 🙈 and with the size of it and case dimensions it’s in the recommended spot. Just this thread threw me a bit! Thanks for giving the clarity.

I’ll monitor the temps and throw it through some high quality Warzone to see how it handles but so far no issues apart from my partitions not being set up!

Thanks for quick reply!