Is it time to upgrade

Tez77

Enthusiast
Hi thinking about upgrading most of my computer but not to sure its needed what u think
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (3 x 4GB KIT)
4GB Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Rev 2, 28nm, PCIe 3.0, 6008MHz GDDR5
Kingston 240GB HyperX 3K SSD (6Gb/s)
640GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD6402AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm
2xSeagate 3TB Performance SATA 3 Hard Drive ST3000DM001 7200rpm
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM#####
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU
Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 Edition High-performance CPU Cooler

is the i7 960 very outdated now

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi thinking about upgrading most of my computer but not to sure its needed what u think
Are you experiencing any problems? If you are not and can run your applications without any issues then there wouldn't be a need for an upgrade

is the i7 960 very outdated now
I think it is more than 5 years old. Whether you need an upgrade of the cpu depends on what your intended use is.

Tez77

Enthusiast
Just thinking ahead with games coming out that are very demanding my case is getting old the dust filters just about had it and they cost a bit not really had any probs just a hard drive and a few things on motherboard not working couple usbs and a sata port and a ram slot so was thinking of Cooler Master Cosmos SE Mid Tower Case good for the amount of hard drives i have then also Asus Z97-K Intel Z97 Socket 1150 Motherboard ATX be great if i can put my i7 and ram into it but not to sure if work then i am set to replace cpu later date

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just thinking ahead with games coming out that are very demanding my case is getting old the dust filters just about had it and they cost a bit not really had any probs just a hard drive and a few things on motherboard not working couple usbs and a sata port and a ram slot so was thinking of Cooler Master Cosmos SE Mid Tower Case good for the amount of hard drives i have then also Asus Z97-K Intel Z97 Socket 1150 Motherboard ATX be great if i can put my i7 and ram into it but not to sure if work then i am set to replace cpu later date

You can't use any z97 motherboard with your cpu. You need to upgrade the cpu and motherboard