Is it worth waiting for z590 motherboards & processors?

dani72

Silver Level Poster
I'm looking at getting a new PC since my less than 3 years old one died on me last October. I'm hoping this one might last a bit longer.

I never do any gaming on my PC. It is mostly used for creating DJ mixes & videos for YouTube (using Nero Video & Magic Music Visuals). I also do some image editing & very basic graphic design (mainly using GIMP) and some basic audio editing (using GoldWave).

I'm thinking of waiting for the i9-11900K processor to come out and getting a z590 motherboard (possibly the Z590 Aorus Xtreme). I'm curious to know what people think about this. I know others are saying that the AMD processors are now better but I've always had Intel ones in every PC I've ever owned and I'm used to them.

I'm also wondering about the graphics card options. I've been told that exporting videos in Magic Music Visuals can be quicker with a better graphics card but I'm unsure if something like the GeForce 3070 or 3080 would be overkill considering I wouldn't be using the PC for gaming.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The new AMD Processors are definitely the much better option at the minute and by all accounts will be better than the next gen Intel processors as well simply because Intel are refusing they move away from their old architecture which just isn't efficient anymore.

There's going to be a long wait anyways and if you're in no rush you can wait and see what Intel do, but everything they are saying isn't exciting to be honest.

They are going to have to do something drastic to take over AMD at the minute and they don't seem willing to do so

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The new AMD Processors are definitely the much better option at the minute and by all accounts will be better than the next gen Intel processors as well simply because Intel are refusing they move away from their old architecture which just isn't efficient anymore.

There's going to be a long wait anyways and if you're in no rush you can wait and see what Intel do, but everything they are saying isn't exciting to be honest.

They are going to have to do something drastic to take over AMD at the minute and they don't seem willing to do so
Fully agreed. And I've never quite understood people saying that they're 'Intel is what I'm used to'. There's literally no difference in day to day operations, it's not like moving to Linux when all you've ever used is Windows. The only things you'll notice are better thermals and less security patches.