Is the Average time to Dispatch in Working Days or Calender days??

ChrisG

When viewing your orders there is a Timescale indicating the average time in which orders are dispatched.....does anyone know if this is in "Working Days" or Calendar Days? (Its been 18 Calendar days since I ordered and I am still in Pre-Production)..... Just wondering....

Cheers,

Chris

ChrisG

Seriously?..on their homepage they write that the it mostly takes 11-13 working days....:

The whole process is currently taking around 11 to 13 working days for desktop computers and 8 to 10 working days for laptop computers from receipt of cleared funds until the computer arrives to you.

My PC should be quite an easy straightforward build, no bells or whistles as it is intended as a dedicated system to run just one program, I figured I'd have it by now.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Seriously?..on their homepage they write that the it mostly takes 11-13 working days....:

My PC should be quite an easy straightforward build, no bells or whistles as it is intended as a dedicated system to run just one program, I figured I'd have it by now.

it is an estimate, under the T&C they have up to 30 working days to deliver your system but it should definitely take less than that. It doesn't matter how straightforward it is, there are many people that have ordered and you are placed in a queue. My first order took around 21 working days for the next 2 I decided to use fast track.

ChrisG

Ah....thanks for the info.....I'll give it another week or so and if its still in pre-production then, will probably pull the plug, cant wait 30 working days, thats almost six weeks..... Fingers crossed.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ah....thanks for the info.....I'll give it another week or so and if its still in pre-production then, will probably pull the plug, cant wait 30 working days, thats almost six weeks..... Fingers crossed.

You could use fast track if you are in a hurry, you also have pre-assembled systems that can be dispatched next day.

ChrisG

I could and probably would have used Fast track if their website info had indicated it could take up to 30 working days, but since they initially indicate 7-13 working days (even in the order summary) , that is more or less the basis upon which I order the system. Feels a bit like false advertisement to me.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I could and probably would have used Fast track if their website info had indicated it could take up to 30 working days, but since they initially indicate 7-13 working days (even in the order summary) , that is more or less the basis upon which I order the system. Feels a bit like false advertisement to me.

It could be more clear but it is also indicated as "approximately", it is not going to take 30 working days but if there are busy it could take more than the estimated

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster

I agree with you in a way, they should probably put the average build time from the orders page as the estimate to how long orders will take, that way it'll give a more realistic figure.

But as keynes says, it's only an approximation.

ChrisG

I see what you mean, but if your "approximation" is off by 200% it's not an approximation....if your garage tells you a repair will approximately cost you £700-£1300 and you end up paying £2000....:shifty:
Anyways....don't want to sound as a 'moaner'...will give it another week or so. Here's the specs of the PC I ordered, as said it will be dedicated to just one game, hence the second low spec GPU....

Case PCS DEFENSOR 7203B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z87M-PLUS: m-ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6.0, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 - DVI, HDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
Wireless Router/HomePlugs WIRELESS N BROADBAND ROUTER (FOR CABLE USERS)
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Change to: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Change to: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 days

steaky360

Just to add, the build times are based on an average over recent orders as far as I know. Obviously if a component you are speccing isn't in stock or typically isn't held in stock then the standard build times may not apply (PCS might be waiting on a delivery etc.).

I'd suggest upping the warranty to silver for a fiver (if you live in the UK) that way, if you have any issues once you get your rig, PCS will cover the return costs :)

halox

Enthusiast
I think they are busy just now. My mate has been waiting nearly 2 weeks and they have not even looked at his RMA yet.

steaky360

I think they are busy just now. My mate has been waiting nearly 2 weeks and they have not even looked at his RMA yet.

Agreed, there have been several threads lately in which PCS admins / staff have commented that they are exceptionally busy (and a special mention was made to the RMA department being very busy too).

ChrisG

Agreed, there have been several threads lately in which PCS admins / staff have commented that they are exceptionally busy (and a special mention was made to the RMA department being very busy too).

Well, if that is the case, they should advise you regarding the delivery time before you put in an order on the belief it will take 11-13 days. In my opinion, if you buy something expensive online you should be able to fully trust the company you are buying from, a solid first impression is important as I will have to deal with them if something goes wrong later on. Like I said, I will give it another week or so, but if it is still in pre-production then, probably cancel.

steaky360

I would say that my previous point still stands though, that the figures quoted are taken from recent dispatch times so aren't entirely inaccurate. Once your rig is in building it doesn't take long to get it built, tested and dispatched.

11-13 days gives about three weeks to dispatch, taking account of bank holidays that might be a little longer.

I wouldn't worry, if you wanted to check on its status (see if anything is out of stock at the moment, etc.) then I'd suggest asking PCS directly as that's the fastest way :)

Last edited:

halox

Enthusiast
Well, if that is the case, they should advise you regarding the delivery time before you put in an order on the belief it will take 11-13 days. In my opinion, if you buy something expensive online you should be able to fully trust the company you are buying from, a solid first impression is important as I will have to deal with them if something goes wrong later on. Like I said, I will give it another week or so, but if it is still in pre-production then, probably cancel.

True, my friend is giving them until wednesday then plans on contacting his credit card co' to cancel the payment if nothing happend by then. He got it new and has not been able to use it. Too many faults.

Topher

Bronze Level Poster
Just remember though that PCS are trying to ensure that all the PC's they send out are fully working and to do that they have to be fair to each customer and give their order a full test and burn in...all be it som may have defects on arrival, such is life. But just bear that in mind when waiting, that you would expect your PC to have the same amount of care put into it as the next guys :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Here's the specs of the PC I ordered, as said it will be dedicated to just one game, hence the second low spec GPU....
What game is it? I don't see a purpose for the 2nd GPU, I don't think you can run them simultaneously. You have a cpu that is unlock for overclocking but an unsuitable cpu cooler. You may also want to consider at least silver warranty for £5