Is there a moveable PC stand with castor wheels for a Corsair 5000X?

FraSha

Hello, the 5000X is a heavy case when everything is installed, and moving it around for opening up and using an air-duster, or fixing plugs into the back would be easier with a mobile PC stand. The ones for sale online don't always look big and strong enough; can anyone recommend a good one? Price doesn't really matter in this case. Thanks for any advice!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How about these for the case itself?

uppspel-cpu-stand-with-castors-dark-grey__0971496_pe811366_s5.jpg

I used to have something similar on my old Mac Pro cheese grater as it weighed about 28KG. But that was a specific product for the Mac Pro called a 'skateboard' and made of quite thick acrylic.

Alternatively, a small furniture dolly may suffice...

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I used to have something similar on my old Mac Pro cheese grater as it weighed about 28KG. But that was a specific product for the Mac Pro called a 'skateboard' and made of quite thick acrylic.

Looks great, but quite upsetting that they call it a "CPU stand"!

FraSha

That does look impressive, strong enough for the job! I was wondering if a hard plastic like acrylic would be better than metal, I don't imagine stands for PCs would be magnetic but if I got a random trolley from a hardware store it probably could be...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks great, but quite upsetting that they call it a "CPU stand"!
Common terminology to differentiate between the case which contains the CPU, and the monitor, speakers, keyboard, etc. As some people will assume 'PC' means the whole thing including peripherals.

FraSha

Yes indeed. I only need it for the case as everything else is on an adjacent computer desk/workstation (which oddly enough I think came from IKEA, about 30 years ago!).