Is there a reason the Orders Dispatched Within Timescales Indicated changed

jorhac

Hi I ordered a computer a couple of weeks ago. I didn't go with fasttrack because the Orders Dispatched Within Timescales seemed to be quite good and I don't mind waiting three weeks. Now they have all changed. Does anyone know why or have any inside info? I am getting a funny feeling I have never dealt with this company before and there is a lot of complaints about them.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Inside information? Only PCS will know about it, I ordered 2 systems from them and never had an issue with delivery.

Xavien

Enthusiast
Its suppose to be 12 days or so depending on how busy they are. I paid for the 5 day fast track and got it in 3!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Don't worry about not getting your PC, if that's what you mean about a funny feeling. The dispatch times are ALWAYS a guide, they change every now and again to reflect real time changes in dispatch times. Nothing to worry about.

You can't read too much into the volume of 'complaints'. Every company on the internet attracts more than a fair share of complaints to compliments. Its just how people work, more people will complain that stick around to say what great service they had.

steaky360

As the others have pointed out, the timescales are based upon current performance over a period of time, hence why they fluctuate. You can use them as a guide but I wouldn't stake anything on it.

As for the complaints, if you look on third party websites for reviews you'll find PCS regularly get positive reviews (waaaay more than negative).

jorhac

Thank you for the info ill keep my fingers crossed. If it is not being built by the 12th day should I ring up .

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Honestly not much point in ringing up unless its been much longer than 12 days, just to check if its being held back by a component being out of stock. it should move before or very soon after the 12th day. Sometimes it just goes from pre production straight to dispatch due to a glitch or something.

best thing to do is just sit tight, it will come.

Stephen M

Author Level
My laptop sat in pre-production for some time but purely because they were waiting for a delivery but I guess they don't get many orders from people wanting a German keyboard, so I would not complain about them not having a big stock. Saying that, it only takes a run of orders for one item and even the most everyday thing can suddenly run out. I understand the frustration of some people and it seems some have been treated badly but I also think some of us have expected too much too quickly and some have over-reacted.

I am a linux user and have no wish to waste money on buying an OS, PCS are one of the few companies that allow me to do this, a lot of the bigger names do not and, in some cases, will not even answer emails about the subject. All in all I think I got very lucky when I found this site.