Is this a spare fan?

Water

Hi guys. Just took delivery off my new build and it's great. This is my first ever custom PC so I have a question. Is the fan sitting at the back of the case a spare or should it be running?

The spec and a picture are below.

1619001647925.png

fanjpg.jpg

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ahh, that seems to be the back of the fan. I can feel air blowing through. I can't see the spinning part as there is mesh there. I'm such a noob. :rolleyes:

Thanks Aletax!
A pleasure to help. Very nice build by the way :)

jaymz

5000D Airflow here too! It's a monster! I replaced the two stock 120mm front fans with two ML140s, but I can see you tripled up on the front fans. Nice.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ahh, that seems to be the back of the fan. I can feel air blowing through. I can't see the spinning part as there is mesh there. I'm such a noob. :rolleyes:

Thanks Aletax!
A quick question for you: I saw you ordered the Elite Capellix cooler. Did you get the extra transparent pump cap in the welcome pack? These coolers are sold by Corsair with 2 pump caps, the one already installed plus a transparent one :)

jaymz

I didn't even know that was a thing until you told me about it. Went to check my welcome pack and yep - a transparent corsair pump cap!

What does the inside look like?!

EDIT: oh wait, you've already fitted the transparent one. Looks good!

Water

A quick question for you: I saw you ordered the Elite Capellix cooler from Corsair. Did you get the extra transparent pump cap in the welcome pack? These coolers are sold by Corsair with 2 pump caps, the one already installed plus a transparent one :)
I did. It was inside the PCS welcome box along with lots of other brackets and cables.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didn't even know that was a thing until you told me about it. Went to check my welcome pack and yep - a transparent corsair pump cap!

What does the inside look like?!
Put it on and all the LED from the pump will shine through. Absolutely stunning if compared with the one that comes installed by default :D

To put it on you will have to unscrew the 4 small screws on the pump cap

jaymz

Or maybe the OP's pump cap is the standard one with a different RGB setting?

I'll try to replace my cap tomorrow to see what the transparent one looks like. Thanks for the tip - I would've never known it was in the box.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Or maybe the OP's pump cap is the standard one with a different RGB setting?

I'll try to replace my cap tomorrow to see what the transparent one looks like. Thanks for the tip - I would've never known it was in the box.
I think he didn't put the transparent cap on the pump yet. It's absolutely beautiful. This is what it looks like with the transparent cap:
iil-235310-643031.png