Issue with front audio jack

LuisM

So I've had a great build from here for about 6 months or so, only recently having a problem.

Strange issue with the front audio port, only half of the sound comes through? It's definitely the port because all the headphones I've tried have the same issue. It works for maybe 1 second when I pull on the cable in a certain position, so at first I thought it might be dust but I can't see any in there. I don't particularly want to take it apart so any advice would be helpful! :oops:

I would plug my headset into the back, but this is where my speakers are plugged in so it's already occupied, my only option atm is to use some bluetooth earbuds until I can fix it.

Cheers for the help!
Lu

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What you describe sounds to me like a problem with the socket itself. You'd really need to get acees to that socket if you can so that you can see whether there is anything amiss with it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

francis5VZ

What you describe sounds to me like a problem with the socket itself. You'd really need to get acees to that socket if you can so that you can see whether there is anything amiss with it.

I've had almost the same issue and it was all about headphones themselves. I've been trying to find some information right here on the resource I've got them, but there is only headphones comparison article, with pros and cons for them. There is no such descriptions about technical issues and problems.

Last edited: