Issues

kf89

My ultrabook will not charge. It's completely dead. I raise d this issue at the beginning of the month, sent my original charger off as it was suggested it was a power supply problem and received a new one... which didn't work. I emailed PCS to report that it must be an issue with the actual ultrabook the day I recieved the charger and they told me (after a bit of prompting) that they'd get it booked in for an RMA before my warranty expired. They haven't and now my warranty has expired and they have yet to respond to my email...

Originally when I placed my order I recieved my ultrabook with a faulty screen. I then recieved a second one with the same fault and finally recieved a fully working ultrabook almost 2 months after I purchased it... so this isn't the first time I've had problems.

Does anyone know whether PCS are likely to honour the rma considering the issue was raised before the warranty expired?

Really wish I'd never bought it. :(

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you have a written confirmation that the RMA will be booked I am sure they will. Try giving them a call for a prompt reply.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm pretty sure that legally speaking, as long as you have written evidence that PCS were aware of the problem before the warranty expired then you're covered. However, PCS are a bunch of good people and I have little doubt that they will sort out your problem without you having to bring in any big guns. As keynes advises, call them on Monday (remembering that Monday is a busy day and there may be a wait) and get the RMA arranged then and there.

When you send the laptop back include a paper clearly describing the problem and what you have done to try to fix it as well as what PCS have advised you over the phone. The more detail you can provide with it the more likely you are to get it fixed.