It Won't Turn On!

Clavs

I received my order on friday.

Case InWIN GT1 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, XFIRE/SLI
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB)
GPU Onboard Intel HD4600
GPU1 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
ower Supply CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Extra Case Fans 2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Net WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FR

It seemed to work fine, until I realized it wasn't showing the startup screen (where you can press F2 and F7 for setup and other BIOS related stuff). When I turned it on, it just went straight to the desktop, something stupid called Fast boot or something. I needed to change some option at the startup but it won't allow me to do it because of the fast boot thing. Also something related to the same problem doesn't allow me to use the Nvidia GPU as the primary GPU, the screen turns on, but it stays blank. Today when I was turning it on it didn't even do anything, powers on, but nothing else happens, whether I plug the VGA cable on the motherboard or GPU. Whoever tested it and QC'ed it before sending it out, clearly didn't test enough.

-No, the drivers are installed, so I'm not missing any drivers, I think. Not that it matters, nothing comes up on the screen anymore!!!
-No, it's not the screen, I tried it on another one, plugging the display ports on both mtoherboard and ggu and both at the same time, the same happens, computer turns on, but nothing on the screen.
-No it can't be the CPU or whatever else might be badly plugged, with the way the cables were arranged by the builders I would have to dismantle all of the computer to change 1 thing. I ain't touching anything in case i have to send it back for them to fix or refund, I don't want them to blame me for damage I didn't do.

I needed it at least by the end of next week, looks like I won't have that now, there goes my job, and don't tell me I threw £1400 into a sewage container!?

Today's sunday and can only call PCS monday to saturday, so I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow morning, in the mean time, can anyone help me? anyone knows of the problem or have something that might work?

steaky360

Some very odd symptoms you're describing there! Fast boot is a feature of windows 8, you can get around it (when you get the machine working again).

Does the PC POST? It should beep once when you have turned it on telling you everything is ok.

Your graphics card might need re-seating, if your a ting to try just take it out and put it back in. I do know however that my screen with a display port doesnt turn on until the computer boots up and I get to the desktop. Can you try a different cable DVI or HDMI maybe? Just plugging it into the graphics card should be enough to tell the PC your using the bvidia gpu, doesn't work like laptops so it's odd that it won't let you use it (might need reseating like I suggested above)

Clavs

Can you try a different cable DVI or HDMI maybe?

Thanks a lot man, DVI did it. Had to buy one myself as PCS didn't give me any cables for monitors. My old VGAs and a new HDMI I bought along with the DVI simply don't work... looks like DVI will be the way to go from now on.