It's... Beautiful

tryan3181839

First things first: 16 days production time, more than fine consideirng a lot of that was waiting for a card I knew would take a while to get in, so thanks to PCS on that (and also for putting up with my endless questions and such :p).
Just to put a counter-point out there to all the negative reviews of Yodel, it arrived on the day, and a reasonable hour, about 12 or 1. The Driver was very cheerful and helpful, and he even helped me get my beast up my rather awkward and tight staircase.

Box and system were in perfect condition, not a scratch. Very well packaged. Sorry there are no pictures my camera battery died about 5 minutes before the delivery (sod's law) and I was way too excited to wait for it to charge before I opened it :p.

Been running games and high-demand programs like Maya pretty much non-stop the entire weekend without fault so all looking good to me. The only minor point was that in Saturday after about 3 hours of struggling with the SSD Installation speeds, INCREDIBLY slow (I'm talking almost two hours for yahoo messenger). I'm sure it's a matter of just having the right settings and tweeking it, but I was in dire need to try out some games that have been on my shelf for a year so I took the easy route out and reformatted with the HDD as my primary drive (just as a comparison a 4gig game then took 10 minutes to install, so there was a very much noticable difference). I will probably come back to tryign to get the SSD in working order when I get some free time, but it's not a big priority to be honest, shame that i spent so much more on it for such a small amount of space and saw no advantages but my own fault for not doing my research.

In summary, thank you PCS, thank you Yodel, and thank you PCSForums for helping me choose my spec. I WILL post pictures of the system when I get in from work tonight so y'all can join in my revelery

EDIT: Whoops forgot to post spec

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
16GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 590 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
160GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 165MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
NZXT INTERNAL USB HEADER (4 Additional Powered Internal USB Ports) (£18)

Last edited: