I've emailed. No response. I have called but the phoneline cuts out after I press 3. Help my laptop problem...

Order No: REMOVED BY MOD
Model: UltraNote: 15.6" Matte Full HD

So the DC connector is broken in the laptop. It needs to be replaced. Can you either tell me a part number or your source so I can get a replacement.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhuna50

Author Level
If the laptop is still under warranty you will need to arrange an RMA with PCS. You can do this through your online account area. If it’s in warranty and you get a third party to fix it, you may void the warranty.

If it’s no longer in warranty, then you may need to try to keep calling or wait for a reply to your email, as these forums are mainly manned by non PCS employees with the occasional employee visiting your issue may not get picked up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhuna50

Author Level
Also if out of warranty then post your full specs from your order in here along with the model number (sticker usually on bottom of the laptop) and we might be able to help you source one.

If the laptop is still under warranty you will need to arrange an RMA with PCS. You can do this through your online account area. If it’s in warranty and you get a third party to fix it, you may void the warranty.

If it’s no longer in warranty, then you may need to try to keep calling or wait for a reply to your email, as these forums are mainly manned by non PCS employees with the occasional employee visiting your issue may not get picked up here.

Thanks for the reply, it's out of warranty. There phoneline dosent work. It cuts out shortly after I press '3' it goes silent half way through the woman talking. And if I stay on the line in silence it eventually hangs up. It has done this all yesterday and all this morning.

Heres the specs.

Chassis & Display UltraNote: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Backlit Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card INTEL® HD GRAPHICS 620 - 1.7GB Max DDR4 Video RAM - DirectX® 12
1st Storage Drive NOT REQUIRED 1st M.2 SSD Drive 256GB SAMSUNG PM961 M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 2800MB/R, 1100MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive Ultra Slim 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
AC Adaptor 1 x 40W AC Adaptor Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery UltraNote IV Series 44WH Lithium Ion Battery.

It was purchased in 2017. I cant find a model number.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Ok. I’ll just flag a couple of mods in as they will be able to report through to PCS the issue re the phones cutting out. @SpyderTracks @ubuysa regularly pop in.

If you go into your order, further down the spec it might give model number (as you’ve only copied some of it I can’t see).

Rakk

The Awesome
Message has been passed on about the phone line issue, but yeah could do with an answer to my question anyway :)

Ok. I’ll just flag a couple of mods in as they will be able to report through to PCS the issue re the phones cutting out. @SpyderTracks @ubuysa regularly pop in.

If you go into your order, further down the spec it might give model number (as you’ve only copied some of it I can’t see).

I've only got a serial number and a part number. P/N: PC1-1243982

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I can indeed, feel free to DM me any queries and I'll look into it, we've had a few lads testing the line from an outside source and we can't replicate it, but we are keeping an eye out for any other reports of the issue.

I can indeed, feel free to DM me any queries and I'll look into it, we've had a few lads testing the line from an outside source and we can't replicate it, but we are keeping an eye out for any other reports of the issue.
I will see if I can record it. I will have to see if SIP server has recording enabled. if it does I will upload. Always cuts off at the same part. Also there is no music which struck me as odd.