I've paid for the PC but it says "awaiting card payment"

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yep. I'm getting incredibly anxious
No need. Even if something has gone catastrophically wrong there will be a clear transaction trail and you won't lose your money. It might take several days to get back to you but it's safe. No need to worry about that. :)

Dillon

No need. Even if something has gone catastrophically wrong there will be a clear transaction trail and you won't lose your money. It might take several days to get back to you but it's safe. No need to worry about that. :)
Good to know, thank you!

Dillon

You don’t need to, your money hasn’t and won’t be lost.

This is quite normal in large transactions.

Well at least my money should be safe.

Quite annoying this is going to add however many days on to the 12-15 build days

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well at least my money should be safe.

Quite annoying this is going to add however many days on to the 12-15 build days
It's probably the complex checks and balances built in to financial transactions to prevent you losing your money that has caused the glitch. All the ducks need to line up in a row for a transaction to go through and if just one duck is not paying attention the transaction will fail. We need the complexity to avoid people losing their money into a black hole but that very complexity increases the possibility of a glitch. :)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Debits basically work in two parts, First is the transaction you see, which checks against the account and basically puts the money to one side.
It all varies a little depending on back and retailer, but then you normally have a few days before the retail completes the other half, basically taking that money from your account.

If its failed, but the money was there and now not showing, its normally that the ringfencing happens from the first part even though the transaction failed. The retail cant pick the money up/do teh second half of it though its just a case of things catching up on themselves.
It normally only takes a few days for the ringfencing to cancel, but all depends on bank/how the transaction is processed etc if its not there in a day or two its worth checking with your bank to see if its actually processed, which you can then go back to PCS with to get them to sort it out.
This happened to me once as well when booking a hotel some years ago. Payment was ok but hotel never received the money. My money basically got stuck in the middle, between my bank and the receiver, just like probably is happening now to the OP. The transaction got reversed by my bank after a couple of days :)

Citrus_9

Expert
Will do thanks.

I also got an email from then saying "unfortunately your order has not been processed successfully because there was an error with the payment". The money left my account so I'm confused. Is this also because it's clearing?
It happened to me too just a week ago and I called the bank. Apparently, money hasn't left my account but rather was in pending transactions (reserved funds I can't use but also not left an account). Personally to me it was because of a low debit card limit, just 2500 Euro per day which I have reached over due to a PC price and a few previous purchases same day. Bank made an exception for me and I had to wait one working day, had to go to the PCS website, login to my saved quotes and make a purchase again. This time it went through while the previously pending hanging transaction got reversed. PCS are in the Uk, I'm in Ireland, so it took 3 working days until payments good reversed and then cleared.

Your situation may be different. I'd call PCS and the bank to get clarification. Also, don't forget to save your quote (stays saved for 5 days) in case if you'll need it.