January 2022 releases

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
January's usually a slow month for big gaming releases, as nobody's got any money post-Christmas. January 2022 is shaping up a little differently with God of War and potentially Steam's Hitman 3 release. The next Rainbow Six game is also out, but I've not played the series in many, many years, so I have no idea if it's any good.

I enjoy Logitech G's videos as they do a monthly release video and a lot of lists of games covering a range of genres. They also break down their videos into chapters so you can see at a glance what games they're covering if there's a particular game you have an eye on.

D

Deleted member 41971

January's usually a slow month for big gaming releases, as nobody's got any money post-Christmas. January 2022 is shaping up a little differently with God of War and potentially Steam's Hitman 3 release. The next Rainbow Six game is also out, but I've not played the series in many, many years, so I have no idea if it's any good.

I enjoy Logitech G's videos as they do a monthly release video and a lot of lists of games covering a range of genres. They also break down their videos into chapters so you can see at a glance what games they're covering if there's a particular game you have an eye on.

flipping loads by the looks of things for the whole of 2022,

according to this uncharted in pencilled for 28th jan 2022 for ps5 with tbc for pc

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
flipping loads by the looks of things for the whole of 2022,

Across all platforms, there's certainly quite a bit out next month, but Logitech focus on PC games which is handy for me when my gaming backlog is how it is. I don't want to waste my time with Playstation releases I may never see! :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 41971

Across all platforms, there's certainly quite a bit out next month, but Logitech focus on PC games which is handy for me when my gaming backlog is how it is. I don't want to waste my time with Playstation releases I may never see! :ROFLMAO:

if you had superpowers it would be to stop time and play all your games :LOL:

D

Deleted member 41971

whats your view on rainbow 6 extraction? to me I'm on the fence as it looks far different to the other rainbow 6 games

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
whats your view on rainbow 6 extraction? to me I'm on the fence as it looks far different to the other rainbow 6 games
I've not played Rainbow 6 since the first Vegas game, so I'm really not sure how the series has gone. It looks fairly impressive, but there's probably more competition in the tactical shooter genre now than there was in the mid 2000s. As is usually the case these days, it's very much a wait for reviews situation!

D

Deleted member 41971

I've not played Rainbow 6 since the first Vegas game, so I'm really not sure how the series has gone. It looks fairly impressive, but there's probably more competition in the tactical shooter genre now than there was in the mid 2000s. As is usually the case these days, it's very much a wait for reviews situation!

how many games are on your budget for 2022? excluding humble bundle sub

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
how many games are on your budget for 2022? excluding humble bundle sub
God of War, Dying Light 2, Saints Row, Starfield, Gotham Knights, System Shock (pre-ordered already!), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Stalker 2, the new A Plague Tale game, Frostpunk 2, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Hogwarts Legacy, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Oxenfree 2, Slime Rancher 2, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves and potentially Hitman 3 if/when the Steam release happens.

These are the games most on my radar - will probably end up buying maybe half a dozen or so of them.

D

Deleted member 41971

God of War, Dying Light 2, Saints Row, Starfield, Gotham Knights, System Shock (pre-ordered already!), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Stalker 2, the new A Plague Tale game, Frostpunk 2, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Hogwarts Legacy, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Oxenfree 2, Slime Rancher 2, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves and potentially Hitman 3 if/when the Steam release happens.

These are the games most on my radar - will probably end up buying maybe half a dozen or so of them.

yes my gamelord

Nodding gif 10 » GIF Images Download

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

..and what about February and beyond?

:ROFLMAO:

CMP01

Enthusiast
I got Total War: Warhammer 3 in Feb. That's preordered for months now. I have the first two and being a long time Total War (have all of them) and Games Workshop (from 1991) fan... well, why not?
Also, there's the all 3 games being combined into one mega campaign deal. Must admit though, I really haven't put as much time into the earlier ones as I maybe should've but things was off for a few years etc...

That aside, Hitman 3... same reason, having the previous two and those being combined as well. Also a 'why not?' though again, I'd better get my game on and actually play it some. Then there's Dying Light 2 I'm keeping an eye on. We'll see but the first was amazing for me. The follow up to HZD too but I have no idea of PC release if planned at all.

Uh-oh, backlog. And here was I pondering getting the new Pathfinder game...

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
I got Total War: Warhammer 3 in Feb. That's preordered for months now. I have the first two and being a long time Total War (have all of them) and Games Workshop (from 1991) fan... well, why not?
Also, there's the all 3 games being combined into one mega campaign deal. Must admit though, I really haven't put as much time into the earlier ones as I maybe should've but things was off for a few years etc...

That aside, Hitman 3... same reason, having the previous two and those being combined as well. Also a 'why not?' though again, I'd better get my game on and actually play it some. Then there's Dying Light 2 I'm keeping an eye on. We'll see but the first was amazing for me. The follow up to HZD too but I have no idea of PC release if planned at all.

Uh-oh, backlog. And here was I pondering getting the new Pathfinder game...
While I'm big fan of Total War I don't like preorder idea at all, I feel it just turns devs lazy when they see a lot of people preordering. Why pay full price for a game that's not finished yet? Majority of games is released digitally nowadays so there will be enough to go around for everyone. Wait till game comes out and read reviews, if a developer wants to sell me a game, they better make sure it's good.

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
While I'm big fan of Total War I don't like preorder idea at all, I feel it just turns. devs lazy when they see a lot of people preordering. Why pay full price for a game that's not finished yet? Majority of games is released digitally nowadays so there will be enough to go around for everyone. Wait till game comes out and read reviews, if a developer wants to sell me a game, they better make sure it's good.

You make a good point but at least with Warhammer 3, if not any modern TW title tbh, we know with 95% surety what we're getting ahead of time. Even though, in honesty I'm usually loathe to buy most things as a preorder and/or without a decent discount to boot. Sure, devs have tended towards using the keenest gamers as unpaid beta-testers and test audiences for how far DLC and other trends can be taken. And we lap it up, or at least make enough sales still, cos nobody wants to be left behind with trend setting games (especially the big hype money makers and online extravaganzas) for the time it'd take hurt devs and pubs enough to get the message sent and lesson learned. And let's be honest, despite getting away with things most industries wouldn't get a pass over, even the mainstream press (not even just the gaming one) is far more concerned re certain socio-political failings of the above rather than shadier consumer practices. It's rendered effectively a nothing burger that gamers as a whole complain about but won't actually act on as a big enough group to the point of enforcing change. But then this business is monolithic now, with the power, sway and resources to make the past big entertainment blocs look poor and to take losses far easier. The only way to change it would be a revolution from both without and within... and most of those within (the peons at least) have bigger problems without risking their jobs making a moral stand that'd hurt them anyway.

Warhammer 3, however... it'll have the exact same issues as the last one had, and which I'm willing to swallow. Optimisation, being on an old but constantly patched up engine now well overwrought, will be a loss. Again. Ditto DLC/patch/update/fix/faction rework schedules being late, long and a case of two steps forward, one back. It is what it is but it's also likely the first and last word re a (currently) lost TT experience paired with the best video game mechanics for it. Such is the direction of Creative Assembly but they're still not Paradox, Slitherine or not a few others when it comes to extremes of such things.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I don't think I own this many games, let alone am excited for them coming out 😂

Honestly the game I'm really excited for this year is Test Drive Solar Crown. The first TDU was my childhood and I'm really hope they keep up how amazing the franchise was. From what I've seen it looks amazing, but I guess time will tell!

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Excited for Pokemon Legends Arceus, though blasphemy to mention a Nintendo title on a PC Forum! On the flip side, Pokemon with guns (Palworld, Steam) has peaked my interest, but no idea when that will release.

For now, I've somehow got myself into Sea of Thieves despite disliking ships in games for so long and a Witcher 3 PC playthrough lined up so I'm set for a while.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Only just seen this thread and is a good looking month for gaming. Although I need to do clear some of the backlog before investing in any new titles.

I’m personally looking forward to April as we’ll be getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 and Jon Hare’s spiritual sequel to Sensible Soccer, the much anticipated (by me) Sociable Soccer.

robin h 25

Just a few games, that I'm looking to get this year...

Rainbow 6: Extraction,
Dying Light 2,
Horizon Forbidden West,
Tiny Tina's Wonderland,
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2,
Forspoken,
Saints Row,
Starfield,
A Plague Tale: Requiem,
The Outer Worlds 2,
Unknown 9: Awakening,
Hogwarts Legacy,
Gotham Knights,
Suicide Squad,
Diablo 4,
Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2,
Beyond Good and Evil 2,
Warhammer 40K: Darktide,
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum,
Dead Space Remake,
System Shock Remake,
Six Days in Fallujah,
Ripout,
Nemesis: Distress,
Scorn,
Test Drive Unlimited: Solor Crown,
A Quite Place,
God of War: Ragnarok,
Hello Neighbor 2,
Sniper Elite 5,
Star Trek: Resurgence,
Marvel Spider-Man 2,
Alan Wake 2,
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2,

There's more than this that I'm after but these are the ones I'm 100% getting on day one release.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just a few games, that I'm looking to get this year...

Rainbow 6: Extraction,
Dying Light 2,
Horizon Forbidden West,
Tiny Tina's Wonderland,
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2,
Forspoken,
Saints Row,
Starfield,
A Plague Tale: Requiem,
The Outer Worlds 2,
Unknown 9: Awakening,
Hogwarts Legacy,
Gotham Knights,
Suicide Squad,
Diablo 4,
Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2,
Beyond Good and Evil 2,
Warhammer 40K: Darktide,
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum,
Dead Space Remake,
System Shock Remake,
Six Days in Fallujah,
Ripout,
Nemesis: Distress,
Scorn,
Test Drive Unlimited: Solor Crown,
A Quite Place,
God of War: Ragnarok,
Hello Neighbor 2,
Sniper Elite 5,
Star Trek: Resurgence,
Marvel Spider-Man 2,
Alan Wake 2,
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2,

There's more than this that I'm after but these are the ones I'm 100% getting on day one release.
A few of those are unlikely to get PC releases this year, but that's a very solid list and plenty of those are definitely games I'm looking to get too!