just got my pc and having load of problems

ok so this is my pc

Case BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case (Black)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® H87I-PLUS: Mini-ITX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling Corsair H40 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD
Change to: 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Firewire NONE
TV Card NONE
Power Cable 1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System Genuine Windows 8 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

the problem I'm having is that windows 8 won't activate. when I first booted up the pc it asked me for the product code on the side of the computer however my keyboard wasn't working so i clicked on skip. so now i have windows 8 all working but when i go to activate it by phone the man said the code was wrong or something and i'd have to send my pc back to my retailer and get a replacement? i have the windows 8 recovery disk but I'm not sure if I should try that.

another problem is that i have an ssd drive but under my computer there is only 1 hard drive and that is my 1tb drive. how do i access my ssd drive. i checked inside the case and it's definitely there!

please help me out I'm a bit disappointed my pc isn't working perfectly as I expected after spending so much money. thanks a lot guys

steaky360

Is the SSD plugged in?

Seems very unusual that PCS wont have installed windows on the SSD (which it most likely is so I'd double check).

As for activating windows 8, I assume you've got your keyboard working now so you should be able to activate it on the computer itself. If you can't and it says the code is wrong first thing to do is double/triple check you are typing the right code in (its easy to confuse 0 and O for example). If you still can't get it to work give PCS a call and they should be able to help you with the operating system.

hi thanks for your reply no i think it's installed on my 1 tb drive which seems a bit weird. is there any where else to look except on my computer for the other hard drive?