Just got my PC!

Vaio

Enthusiast
So I got my PC this morning and set everything up nicely did the cable management etc and didn't actually take too long.

The only question I have is, when I turn my PC on it makes 4 beeps, is that normal? is it my MB telling me something.

Took some pictures of my set up as well.

Here is a video of it happening https://gofile.io/d/KYEW6g

PC Specs:

CORSAIR 275R AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Memory Card ReaderUSB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingNoctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case FansNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Attachments

• 101650359_555936958691268_1840779646845583360_n.jpg
    101650359_555936958691268_1840779646845583360_n.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 101362403_295454784813030_6834860381890936832_n.jpg
    101362403_295454784813030_6834860381890936832_n.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Vaio

Enthusiast
I think I have sorted it.. I ran some more windows updates that needed to be installed via restart and then changed the system clock times (which may have been causing it) but it's not doing it anymore! :)

Edit: That never sorted it! lol

Last edited:

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Ordered on 11th May and then on 12th working day it wen into build stage and within a day it was complete, and then dispatched yesterday :)

Sounds good! I ordered a week after you on the 18th so hopefully by the 2nd/3rd June it should be in Building :)

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Okay....so, that sounded like one long beep followed by 3 short beeps to me....do you concur? If that is the case then, according to the ASUS website, there is an anomaly with the Graphics Card. You may need more expert advice than I can give but, to start with, I would do the following:

- Make sure that the GPU is seated in it's slots properly.

- Make sure you updated the NVIDIA drivers. You will have a programme called "NVIDIA GeForce Experience"....in the bottom right of your screen where you see icons for programs, right-click on "NVIDIA settings" and then click the Experience bit. It should open up a new screen...top left you will click on "drivers" and then it will show if you need to download any "Game Ready" drivers. Download any if they show, install and then restart your system.

If you already tried either of these or they don't work, then let us know and someone can walk you through troubleshooting
Deffo agree mate, one long beep and then 3 short (sound broke up a little i think).

Vaio

Enthusiast
Okay....so, that sounded like one long beep followed by 3 short beeps to me....do you concur? If that is the case then, according to the ASUS website, there is an anomaly with the Graphics Card. You may need more expert advice than I can give but, to start with, I would do the following:

- Make sure that the GPU is seated in it's slots properly.

- Make sure you updated the NVIDIA drivers. You will have a programme called "NVIDIA GeForce Experience"....in the bottom right of your screen where you see icons for programs, right-click on "NVIDIA settings" and then click the Experience bit. It should open up a new screen...top left you will click on "drivers" and then it will show if you need to download any "Game Ready" drivers. Download any if they show, install and then restart your system.

If you already tried either of these or they don't work, then let us know and someone can walk you through troubleshooting

100% one long beep, followed by 3 shorter.

Okay so here's what I've done so far. I have made sure GPU and RAM is sat in it's slots correctly by pushing them down further and they are working. Nvidia experience drivers were updated earlier on in the day and I checked again to see if there's anything outstanding to download and it's saying everything is fine.

The GPU fans are off when I'm just normal browsing, so I have quickly fired up a game and all 3 fans are now running at around 1500rpm. Although, on the iCUE software it's only showing 2 fans? perhaps 2 of the fans are in sync? GPU temp under load is currently 67 celcius.

Another thing I noticed.. I am using a display port to my monitor and this white LED it on MB is VGA according to the user guide.
I've shut down and restart multiple times trying to recreate the issue and it seems as though if my monitor is not turned on before powering the PC the beeps happen. If my monitor is already turned on i.e. in idle state then the beeps are non-existent.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
100% one long beep, followed by 3 shorter.

Okay so here's what I've done so far. I have made sure GPU and RAM is sat in it's slots correctly by pushing them down further and they are working. Nvidia experience drivers were updated earlier on in the day and I checked again to see if there's anything outstanding to download and it's saying everything is fine.

The GPU fans are off when I'm just normal browsing, so I have quickly fired up a game and all 3 fans are now running at around 1500rpm. Although, on the iCUE software it's only showing 2 fans? perhaps 2 of the fans are in sync? GPU temp under load is currently 67 celcius.

Another thing I noticed.. I am using a display port to my monitor and this white LED it on MB is VGA according to the user guide.
I've shut down and restart multiple times trying to recreate the issue and it seems as though if my monitor is not turned on before powering the PC the beeps happen. If my monitor is already turned on i.e. in idle state then the beeps are non-existent.
Someone else had reported the same sort of error the other day, esp ref the beeps not being there if the monitor is active/not sleeping. Sorry cant find the post though :rolleyes:

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
sorry for the double post. Shamelessly stolen from @ubuysa - Ok. In the Run box enter msinfo32. In the information windows that opens look down to the entry labelled 'BIOS Version/Date' and let us know what that says. That will help us confirm what those beep codes mean

We could be chasing our tails until we know what BIOS you have

Vaio

Enthusiast
sorry for the double post. Shamelessly stolen from @ubuysa - Ok. In the Run box enter msinfo32. In the information windows that opens look down to the entry labelled 'BIOS Version/Date' and let us know what that says. That will help us confirm what those beep codes mean

We could be chasing our tails until we know what BIOS you have

'American Megatrends Inc. 1405, 19/11/2019'

robin h 25

I have the same motherboard, and every time for me, if i turn on my PC first, before i turn on my monitor, i get the same 1 long and 3 short beeps,
but if i turn my monitor on first, before i turn on the PC, there's no beeps,

I think it's the motherboard way of saying that there's no signal to a monitor that's powered off,

I always turn on my monitor before my PC and as long as i do so, i never get any beeps.

robin h 25

This is what i could find on the motherboard beeps.

1 long beep and 3 short beeps = no VGA detected, from the manual.
2020-05-30.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That is odd but I'd go with the motherboard manual.

This doesn't soundike a problem to me. I think the POST is giving an error because the monitor isn't on. Whilst that's a tad strange it's not anything to worry about I don't think.

Just to be sure though I'd still run Memtest86 on the RAM......

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I wonder whether the monitor has a function/command/something that allows it to be powered up by the PC when it gets turned on? That would then stop the beeps, no? I only ask as my monitor goes from standby to active whenever I power the PC on (though it does that by default so not sure what settings it may or may not be). ofc I could be completely wrong here so feel free to ignore what I wrote
Older monitors simply received a signal but didn't broadcast anything, whereas modern monitors broadcast a signal to the motherboard to state its current status. Asus boards are particularly annoying with older monitors and if they don't receive a return signal, they post a VGA error. Really it's a bug on Asus boards, but they refuse to acknowledge that. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future BIOS update.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@SpyderTracks Thank you for clarifying that...I didn't know about the issues. However, does the OP not have a modern monitor? Judging by the picture in the first post, that MSI looks pretty modern to me...ofc what consitutes older is probably wildly different between the 2 of us
It may be that the MSI's don't issue a return signal, not all monitors do.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think the fact that the POST beeps do not happen with the monitor on but do with it off is pretty conclusive. There's an annoying bug somewhere but not a problem to worry about. :)