Just got this badboy

RobertsE

Finally got myself a new pc after having a system that contained a i7 2600 and a 1050ti, luckily it survived the torture of running certain games at 4k, and hopefully this one survives the torture of me trying to run Star Citizen

Just to answer some questions i know i'll get:

Picked the 12900k because its the best ATM, plus the bonus of ddr5 ram. And while i know that you shouldnt adopt new tech until it matures a bit, ddr5 has a bigger number than ddr4, and thats a good enough reason for anyone to get it.

i've only picked up a 1tb m.2 as ive already got a 2tb ssd that i've transferred over to it. Might get one large m.2 at some point and transfer everything over from the ssd.
resized-image-Promo.jpeg

Specs:
Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900K (3.2GHz) 30MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 4800MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 1880 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
God, that's quite the upgrade!!! It's gonna flaw you!

I would have gone for a larger PSU, that is the hungriest desktop processor ever made, and you're gonna be hitting the limit under demanding games. If you find any instability during gaming, that's likely the cause.

But it's no doubt a monster.

RobertsE

God, that's quite the upgrade!!! It's gonna flaw you!

I would have gone for a larger PSU, that is the hungriest desktop processor ever made, and you're gonna be hitting the limit under demanding games. If you find any instability during gaming, that's likely the cause.

But it's no doubt a monster.
Oh really? I knew the new intel cpu's are bad for their power draw but damn, and i thought i was smart by ignoring the builder recommendation of lowering the PSU wattage. But I'll definitely keep that in mind if i see any issues in demanding games. That might be the next upgrade if it becomes a problem. I've just got SC installed so it should be fun to see if it causes any problems

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh really? I knew the new intel cpu's are bad for their power draw but damn, and i thought i was smart by ignoring the builder recommendation of lowering the PSU wattage. But I'll definitely keep that in mind if i see any issues in demanding games. That might be the next upgrade if it becomes a problem. I've just got SC installed so it should be fun to see if it causes any problems
Yeah, at full pelt it can use up to around 200W more than a 5950x, that's just the CPU alone. It's quite frankly stupid.

You'd really want a minimum of 1000W

Wololo_n00b

Bronze Level Poster
Ooo wowo looks nice!! Congrats and hope you enjoy. I also got the TD500 Mesh, just waiting on delivery at the moment :3

Can I ask, did you ask for any fans to come with the case? I know it comes with the 3 at the front, but I see you have a rear exhaust fan there as well, did you ask for that in the config. or did they put that in for you? Or did you have that already yourself and put it in

Was just wondering 'cause I was debating whether I should have put a rear fan in mine, but then again my PC isn't quite as powerful

RobertsE

Ooo wowo looks nice!! Congrats and hope you enjoy. I also got the TD500 Mesh, just waiting on delivery at the moment :3

Can I ask, did you ask for any fans to come with the case? I know it comes with the 3 at the front, but I see you have a rear exhaust fan there as well, did you ask for that in the config. or did they put that in for you? Or did you have that already yourself and put it in

Was just wondering 'cause I was debating whether I should have put a rear fan in mine, but then again my PC isn't quite as powerful
I didnt ask for any specific fans, ive got essentially just what comes with the components. But i can see that the case is only supposed to come with 3 from what im reading, So its possible that they thought it was flawed and added another fan. Although the rear fan does fill in some space and hides the mesh a bit, which i personally like

Wololo_n00b

Bronze Level Poster
Ahh cool cool, nice, I'll see if I get one so! 🙏 And hope you enjoy SC, I'm thinking of getting it as well and trying it out

RobertsE

Ahh cool cool, nice, I'll see if I get one so! 🙏 And hope you enjoy SC, I'm thinking of getting it as well and trying it out
only time will tell, And SC is great, im finally playing it at a frame rate that is above 5 :ROFLMAO:. I know they just did their free weekend, but that might have ended by now. but i definetly recommend SC, its got a much better game loop than Elite Dangerous and they've made a lot of improvements to the servers so you can play for more than 10 minutes without losing progress

RobertsE

Yeah, at full pelt it can use up to around 200W more than a 5950x, that's just the CPU alone. It's quite frankly stupid.

You'd really want a minimum of 1000W
Yeah, hopefully they dont keep going down the path of increasing power draw, although imagine what kind of monster the 12th gen would have been if all of the cores were their performance cores and not split in half into efficiency cores

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
only time will tell, And SC is great, im finally playing it at a frame rate that is above 5 :ROFLMAO:. I know they just did their free weekend, but that might have ended by now. but i definetly recommend SC, its got a much better game loop than Elite Dangerous and they've made a lot of improvements to the servers so you can play for more than 10 minutes without losing progress
I'm really keen to try Star Citizen, just waiting a little while longer till I upgrade my system, hopefully next summer with any luck.

Does look incredible!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, hopefully they dont keep going down the path of increasing power draw, although imagine what kind of monster the 12th gen would have been if all of the cores were their performance cores and not split in half into efficiency cores
It's GPU's too, they've announced the next gen will all be using the new 12 pin connector that was on the 3070 and 3080 Founders Editions.

It's a PCIe 5 connector and can draw 600W just off the power connector! So we may well be seeing 1000W becoming the new normal which is insane when you think in every other area we're trying to reduce power consumption.

D

Deleted member 41971

Finally got myself a new pc after having a system that contained a i7 2600 and a 1050ti, luckily it survived the torture of running certain games at 4k, and hopefully this one survives the torture of me trying to run Star Citizen

Just to answer some questions i know i'll get:

Picked the 12900k because its the best ATM, plus the bonus of ddr5 ram. And while i know that you shouldnt adopt new tech until it matures a bit, ddr5 has a bigger number than ddr4, and thats a good enough reason for anyone to get it.

i've only picked up a 1tb m.2 as ive already got a 2tb ssd that i've transferred over to it. Might get one large m.2 at some point and transfer everything over from the ssd.
View attachment 31070
Specs:
Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900K (3.2GHz) 30MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 4800MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 1880 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

very nice indeed

just in time for Christmas as well

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didnt ask for any specific fans, ive got essentially just what comes with the components. But i can see that the case is only supposed to come with 3 from what im reading, So its possible that they thought it was flawed and added another fan. Although the rear fan does fill in some space and hides the mesh a bit, which i personally like
Is the rear fan RGB too? Wasn't certain from your pic.

RobertsE

It's GPU's too, they've announced the next gen will all be using the new 12 pin connector that was on the 3070 and 3080 Founders Editions.

It's a PCIe 5 connector and can draw 600W just off the power connector! So we may well be seeing 1000W becoming the new normal which is insane when you think in every other area we're trying to reduce power consumption.
oh damn, but if that is the case 1000w will definitely become standard, especially if you want a high end system, Just dont tell intel this or they might try to put their 14nm process even further

RobertsE

I'm really keen to try Star Citizen, just waiting a little while longer till I upgrade my system, hopefully next summer with any luck.

Does look incredible!
Its absolutely incredible, and runs smoothly on this system. But next summer might be too late, damn msrp prices just keep rising, i remember when we used to laugh at the 3080 costing £1000 from scalpers, but thats essentially the minimum cost now to get one

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Its absolutely incredible, and runs smoothly on this system. But next summer might be too late, damn msrp prices just keep rising, i remember when we used to laugh at the 3080 costing £1000 from scalpers, but thats essentially the minimum cost now to get one
Tell me about it, it's all gone nuts. They're saying now the shortage may last until end of next year at the earliest.

You seen game prices too? Square Enix declared the price of the new PC version of the FF7 remake at £65!!!!

Worlds gone mad.

RobertsE

Tell me about it, it's all gone nuts. They're saying now the shortage may last until end of next year at the earliest.

You seen game prices too? Square Enix declared the price of the new PC version of the FF7 remake at £65!!!!

Worlds gone mad.
If nvidia keeps releasing gpu's for miners i fear the shortage will last even longer, i've heard that apparently the extra vram on the new 2060 12gb is apparently going to be great for when Ethereum switches to proof of stake. All we can do is pray and hope that the new fabs everyone is rushing to build will get done on time and that they will provide enough supply to calm down the markets a bit

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If nvidia keeps releasing gpu's for miners i fear the shortage will last even longer, i've heard that apparently the extra vram on the new 2060 12gb is apparently going to be great for when Ethereum switches to proof of stake. All we can do is pray and hope that the new fabs everyone is rushing to build will get done on time and that they will provide enough supply to calm down the markets a bit
Yeah, incredibly suspicious they didn't put LHR on that card, it's obviously designed for miners.

I'm waiting on AMD, atm they're my knights in shining armour and from very early leaks, their 7000 series cards may be something quite special.