Just Orderd!!!!!!!!!!

Eliot_D

Hi Guys, Very excited now it's been like 20mins and I'm like hurry up and gimmeh :p!! Just orderd the following :) - Please critique it if you feel I could amend any of it, before it's too late!!! Thanks in advance! (P.S. credit goes to Corfate as this was inspired by his setup, I just made a few tweeks myself - so Thanks very much dude +rep - whoop!)

*Can anyone link me up to some decent HomePlugs*

Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache)***SPECIAL PRICE***

Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX

Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£46)

Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)

Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Fan Controller NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor HANNS-G 23" WIDE HS233H3B, HDMI DVI-D 3D LCD MONITOR (£170)

Keyboard & Mouse LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£21)

Speakers LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£9)

Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery SATURDAY DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (BEFORE 12 NOON) (£19)

Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Looks like a bice spec you have made their, i want it myself to be honest.

As for homeplugs, i would just get the ones from PCS - saves any bother getting them elsewhere.

Only thing, if you plan to overclock ( with that cooler and CPU i presume you are) you should get the 1600Mhz RAM, if not drop to the triple copper heatpipe cooler and the i7 2600 CPU. Other than that it looks solid.

LFFPicard

Godlike
If your fancy you could change the 120 intel SSD to the Kingston version, not only is the Kingston one a faster read/write drive it is alos £2 cheaper!

Also if you ahev the spare cash and you put that much into it, you might aswell increase your ram for future sake.
I chucked 16gb in mine saves hassle in the long run.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Intel have rock solid reliablity so it might be an idea to stick with intel (i would). Also you could upgrade to 16GB RAM buti wouldn't worry about it if you can't. You can game on 4GB at the moment, 8 will last a couple of years if not more, so don't worry too much about having to get the extra RAM. It is super easy to upgrade anyway if needed.