Just ordered a new Vortex III Elite. (£2000)

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
Just ordered a new Vortex III Elite.

Hi everyone,

I have ordered a new vortex III elite system.

I noticed you guys probably dont want to see a load of specs and clutter so im keeping it simple im new to this stuff sorry :D.

Hope you all have a great day :).

Would like to say thank you to Mathew for talking to me on the phone very helpful. :rockon:

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
Hi everyone,

I have ordered a new vortex III elite system.

I noticed you guys probably dont want to see a load of specs and clutter so im keeping it simple im new to this stuff sorry :D.

Hope you all have a great day :).

Would like to say thank you to Mathew for talking to me on the phone very helpful. :rockon:

You're wrong, we love to see the "specs and clutter"....so get your specs and clutter back on here :)

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
You're wrong, we love to see the "specs and clutter"....so get your specs and clutter back on here :)

Ah great well here are the specs :shuriken:.

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 17.3" AUO Matte 72% Gamut Widescreen (1920x1080) (£85)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
2 x AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0
USB Options
4 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery
Vortex Elite 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,800 mAh/89.21WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 300W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Dead Pixel Guarantee
1 Year Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs (£19)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Quantity

Right now i have plans hopefully wont void the bloody warranty :p.

I plan to upgrade the cpu to a 3940xm in 3 years.
Hoping to replace the 128 gig SSD with a 500 gig in 2 years time.
Will be adding more ram so its goes up to 32gb probably 2015.
Will be buying windows 7 ultimate in a few years.
If its possible will be selling off my hd 7970m's for one gtx 780m and then a second gtx 780m down the road.

So basically the reason i got this laptop was to add stuff to it later on when it starts to show its age probably not for another 2-3 years. ( GOOD INVESTMENT).

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
Ah looks like my post has to be edited may of used to many bold letters sorry hope the moderators can sort that out my mistake :D.

I'm a newbie sorry guys.

dogbot

Bright Spark
3 weeks then, the same as mine.

Any longer as you might have been able to have a Haswell processor :)

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
I will be doing pictures and videos hopefully if all goes to plan :).

I'm just glad that now i can bloody sit back and relax for a few years until i need to upgrade again ;).

If anyone wants anything in particular like for me to show anything when im doing the video please send me a PM and i will link you to that video what you requested :D.

I hope all goes to plan, cheers mates.

Dr_Jameo

I've just bought something very similar. What tempted you away from the 680m SLi offer to the 7970m XF?

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
I've just bought something very similar. What tempted you away from the 680m SLi offer to the 7970m XF?

Better performance.
Games i play are mostly ones where AMD have had partnership with that particular game.
One 680m is the cost of two 7970m cards.
You can clock the 7970m cards up to 1000 making them similar to desktop 7870's.

:).

Of course i have some bad news sadly. I have reqested a refund for the laptop at the expense of £36 charge for them to come out and get it then return it.

The reason for this was because overall i was not happy, also dead pixel + missing gpu.

Have to say PCS are really good though im not going to blame anyone they did a really awesome job, 3 weeks for build was on the tad long side but its all fine with me :).

I will probably order again sometime in the future but now im planning on saving up to do my motorbike test and probably end up buying a nice 600cc motorbike :D.

Cheers everyone.

Dr_Jameo

Better performance.
Games i play are mostly ones where AMD have had partnership with that particular game.
One 680m is the cost of two 7970m cards.
You can clock the 7970m cards up to 1000 making them similar to desktop 7870's.

:).

Of course i have some bad news sadly. I have reqested a refund for the laptop at the expense of £36 charge for them to come out and get it then return it.

The reason for this was because overall i was not happy, also dead pixel + missing gpu.

Have to say PCS are really good though im not going to blame anyone they did a really awesome job, 3 weeks for build was on the tad long side but its all fine with me :).

I will probably order again sometime in the future but now im planning on saving up to do my motorbike test and probably end up buying a nice 600cc motorbike :D.

Cheers everyone.

There's a special offer on the 680m SLI reducing its price significantly, but if your target games were AMD then good on you.

That's unfortunate to hear. What were you unhappy about, excluding the obvious dead pixel and missing GPU?