Just Ordered - CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus PC!

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Hello! :D

I am thrilled with excitement after just having ordered my new PC from PCS and to top it off, I am going to the Caribbean on Monday for a 2 week all inclusive holiday! WOO..

Thanks to everybody who helped me choose which components to go for, it really did help. I don't think i would have purchased this PC if it wasn't for this forum which clearly shows the members and staff at PCS are very passionate and keen to help out when required.

I have just ordered the following spec:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Fan Controller
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Also purchased:

Acer S240HLbid 24 Inch FULL HD Widescreen LCD Monitor
Perixx Design Keyboard and Gaming Mouse

FREE OF CHARGE: IT Technician Complete Check Up of Hardware and Set Up! (Good thing about being in the forces, you know a lot of trades!). :D

----------------------

Anyway, I know it has been ordered but if you see any minor or serious problems for that matter with the set up, please let me know so i can get it rectified!

I am now looking forward to posting pics of the set up in my room when it arrives!

Thank you,

Chris

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That looks like a solid spec, I'd probably get the non-K version since you may not be overclocking (by the choice of CPU cooler). The mobo and PSU would allow you to add a 2nd GTX 670 in the future if needed. Enjoy your holiday!! I'd probably have used my holiday money for more upgrades :eek:

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
I am a complete newbie to overclocking so based on your advice, I have changed to the non k version. Thank you. +rep

An extra £18 for holiday money :)

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
I had to choose 5 day dispatch else my PC would be stuck at home for weeks doing nothing. Upon adding it, it did not have the 3570 in stock so the fast dispatch was not available. However... I changed my order!

I have decided to have 3570k instead, remove SLI, have 650W instead of 750w. Have upgraded the cooling incase i overclock.

I may regret this in the future but i couldnt be sat at work with my pc at home doing nothing for weeks!

Thoughts? :wacko:

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
looks good mate,

the only change I can think of, (note that is not needed) would be to get the 750 mod psu, (modular means the extra/spare cables can be removed for added cable management and cooling)

What cooler did you change to?

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Morning mate,

The TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER

Fully appreciate your advice but this would mean an extra £45 on already a budget I have gone way over.

Are you being picky or would the normal 650 suffice?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Morning mate,

The TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER

Fully appreciate your advice but this would mean an extra £45 on already a budget I have gone way over.

Are you being picky or would the normal 650 suffice?

Just better cable management and airflow. The enthusiast series is good enough.

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Just better cable management and airflow. The enthusiast series is good enough.

I'm not being picky, just thought i'd let you know that would be the only thing you could change, the 650w psu is perfectly fine. :)

Thank you both.

I can now relax and await the machine and get some pics up!

Edit:

I seriously can't wait to go on holiday tomorrow, I keep adding and buyings things!

Just bought 2 Sickleflow fans, 2 Silverstone Filters and have now added a Fan Controller.

I will probably move the large front fan to the top, and add the 2 sickleflow to the front with the filters.

Last edited:

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Thanks Madman.

Just contacted the IT Technician department (Armed Forces) and bagged myself a free check up of hardware and set up! :D

I say it's free, but I'd imagine they will slab me! Haha.

The guy might get jealous of the system and want one himself, see a commission business here :detective:

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Just got back from holiday and setting up my new pc was one of the firs things I did.

Had a slight problem with one of the fans catching some loose parts but other than that, it's perfect so far. Just waiting for my broadband to be installed and I can officially get up and running.

Already taken some pics but will post when I get my broadband (currently on iPad)

Thanks PCS, brilliant!