Just ordered for blender, please recommend any changes to spec

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Did My best, planning some heavy blender work and future proofing :)

Case
THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Prime Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET (editl
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
Standard now (edit)
Extra Case Fans
5x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language

Last edited:

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Anyone got an idea on how long the pre-order wait will be for the graphics card? :S really thought about using another but I really wanted it so bit the bullet!

MrWilson

Godlike
An absolute beast of a build!
Would recommend adding some m.2 drives in, at the very least a 500gb 980 pro for OS and programs.
1000W PSU would have you covered for the future.
You can drop the Arctic paste, the Corsair cooler comes with premium paste pre applied.
Recent 3090 orders have taken anywhere from 10-50 working days, sorry that I can’t be more specific than this!

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
An absolute beast of a build!
Would recommend adding some m.2 drives in, at the very least a 500gb 980 pro for OS and programs.
1000W PSU would have you covered for the future.
You can drop the Arctic paste, the Corsair cooler comes with premium paste pre applied.
Recent 3090 orders have taken anywhere from 10-50 working days, sorry that I can’t be more specific than this!
Hey Mr Wilson,

thanks for the feedback! I made a mistake as I had already updated the drive. I have a 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W) for the main drive :)

regarding the 1000W I was going to but the website told me I was already overkilling the at 850 W what benefits would I get going to 1000W for the future?

thanks again! super excited :D

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hey Mr Wilson,

thanks for the feedback! I made a mistake as I had already updated the drive. I have a 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W) for the main drive :)

regarding the 1000W I was going to but the website told me I was already overkilling the at 850 W what benefits would I get going to 1000W for the future?

thanks again! super excited :D
Having the extra beef of a higher wattage PSU ensures that it’s not working at the upper end of it’s capable limits and will live longer. As @MrWilson says, it’ll also cover you for the future. So if the next generation of GPUs are more power hungry and demand extra wattage, you’ve covered yourself by having that power in reserve. Changing a PSU isn’t the worst job in the world but it is time consuming due to a lot of faffing about with cables, spending the extra few quid now can make your life easier in the long run 🙂

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Having the extra beef of a higher wattage PSU ensures that it’s not working at the upper end of it’s capable limits and will live longer. As @MrWilson says, it’ll also cover you for the future. So if the next generation of GPUs are more power hungry and demand extra wattage, you’ve covered yourself by having that power in reserve. Changing a PSU isn’t the worst job in the world but it is time consuming due to a lot of faffing about with cables, spending the extra few quid now can make your life easier in the long run 🙂
Thank you for helping me understand. Ihave upgraded the psu and removed that thermal paste :)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Heya! what does the grey vs black mean on the gpu selection area?
Grey means it’s not possible to buy / pre order it since PCS doesn’t know when next delivery will be made for that card. The ones that aren’t grey are either available or in pre order (meaning you’ll be added to a queue, a waiting list)

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Grey means it’s not possible to buy / pre order it since PCS doesn’t know when next delivery will be made for that card. The ones that aren’t grey are either available or in pre order (meaning you’ll be added to a queue, a waiting list)
Ahh thank you, is there anyway to check what it was when I picked it? not exactly sure which it was when I ordered :D

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Heya! sorry for the noob questions. If I amend my specification on my pc build to increase my hard drive specification, will it push me back on my GPU waiting list or keep me where I am in the Q?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Heya! sorry for the noob questions. If I amend my specification on my pc build to increase my hard drive specification, will it push me back on my GPU waiting list or keep me where I am in the Q?
You can make any amendments up until it's in building and it won't affect your place in the queue.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ahh thank you, is there anyway to check what it was when I picked it? not exactly sure which it was when I ordered :D

Go back on configurator and give it a look

Just as our good old @SpyderTracks said :)