Just ordered, Octane II cannot wait!!!

Specs

Chassis & Display Octane Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache

Memory (RAM) 24GB HyperX IMPACT 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (3 x 8GB)

Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - 8.0GB DDR5 Video RAM, DirectX® 12, G-SYNC

2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)

2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD BLUE 2.5" WD10JPVX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)

mSATA/M.2 SSD Drive NONE
2nd mSATA/M.2 SSD Drive NONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE

Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack

Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1535-AC M.2 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0

Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options 4 x USB 3.0 PORTS (1 x POWERED) + 1 e-SATA/USB 3.0 PORT COMBINED

Battery Octane Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (82WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 330W AC Adaptor for high end usage

Keyboard Language OCTANE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

DVD Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Carry Case NONE

Laptop Cooling Stands Zalman ZM-NC3500-PLUS, Ultra-Quiet Laptop Cooler, up to17.3 inch
Stand-Alone Monitor NONE
Additional Keyboard NONE
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Gaming Mouse Pad NONE
Game Streaming NONE
Games Controller NONE
External Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MP FULL HD WEBCAM
Headsets NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Dead Pixel Guarantee NONE

Insurance 1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON
Build Time FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH

First time using PCS, however a friend of mine used them a few years ago and the delivery and product was flawless.

Will update when Laptop arrives but for now, the wait begins

Just changed it to 250GB samsung 850 evo, extra 10 GB, faster read/write speeds and at the exact same price so happy days, thanks for pointing that out.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just changed it to 250GB samsung 850 evo, extra 10 GB, faster read/write speeds and at the exact same price so happy days, thanks for pointing that out.

Any reason you went with the WD Blue for the secondary drive? They're pretty slow, you'd get a lot more performance out of a WD Black which is 7200rpm over the Blue's 5400rpm.

Parramatta

Silver Level Poster
I got a 17.3"Octane II with i7 6700 with 16GB 970M and a 951 512GB NVMe. I specced it up after market with another 4TB of drives.

Nice machine, but Windows 10 takes some getting used to. I noticed some USB drives are auto-disconnected when I insert them. Windows 10 x64 didn't support my old printer (more purchases).

Pity one can't get 4K res on the 17" version. Would have loved that.

The keyboard is great! The speed is as it should be - very fast. Boots in seconds. Temps are in the mid 40-50s when not doing much which is okay.

You should like it very much. Hope you can insure it in case someone swipes it. A lot of money invested in a small package.

daveeb

Enthusiast
Just wondering why it comes with recovery media on DVD when there is no DVD drive (in fact most pcs laptops these days seem not to allow a dvd drive in configurator).

Ok so after a rocky start, its here and i'm glad to say. ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I received the laptop on the 18th December. Super excited I unpacked, set-up the area and powered the bad boy on. The keyboard lit up and then................ disaster. The screen stayed off, and no life from the hard drive.
I kept my cool and rang PCS, tried a few quick fixes but nothing worked, they stated they need to laptop back for repairs. And, because it was friday, they couldnt arrange a pick up until Monday. So Tuesday comes after I sent the Laptop back the day before and they had had a chance to look at it, it seems a component had come loose during transit and they had thoroughly tested it to ensure everything was working correct, they dispatched her back to me on Christmas eve, but due to DPD delivery times over XMAS, wasnt due to receive until tuesday. However as its Sunday today i was having a lie in. Then the door goes and DPD are stood there with a PCS box. I was in my pants and almost hugged the guy.

So warily I unpacked and set-up again and turned her on. And everything came on and worked perfectly. I quickly installed the drivers and had a brief play with the keyboard lighting whilst waiting for steam to install DAYZ. Took an hour which is quite good for my internet 8GB in an hour. I installed in onto my SSD and could not believe how quick I was into the game. The loading screen was almost non existent. I put the settings on High, not very high just high. And 1080p resolution. And my FPS never dropped below 60fps which is awesome. It dropped briefly to 40fps when I first entered Elecktro but raised back up. The fans were quiet for the first half and hour, raised slightly after this for 10 minutes or so and quietend back down once the system was cooler, now just using Chrome, i cannot here them at all. I am using a Zalmaan laptop cooler stand too which is awesome too btw.

So now steam is downloading ARMA 3 for me so i'm using the time to say THANK YOU PCS. Even though we had a rough start, you delivered and apologised profusely. Will definetly be recommending al of my friends to you. And cannot wait to play some more

Jisgy

Ok so after a rocky start, its here and i'm glad to say. ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I received the laptop on the 18th December. Super excited I unpacked, set-up the area and powered the bad boy on. The keyboard lit up and then................ disaster. The screen stayed off, and no life from the hard drive.
I kept my cool and rang PCS, tried a few quick fixes but nothing worked, they stated they need to laptop back for repairs. And, because it was friday, they couldnt arrange a pick up until Monday. So Tuesday comes after I sent the Laptop back the day before and they had had a chance to look at it, it seems a component had come loose during transit and they had thoroughly tested it to ensure everything was working correct, they dispatched her back to me on Christmas eve, but due to DPD delivery times over XMAS, wasnt due to receive until tuesday. However as its Sunday today i was having a lie in. Then the door goes and DPD are stood there with a PCS box. I was in my pants and almost hugged the guy.

So warily I unpacked and set-up again and turned her on. And everything came on and worked perfectly. I quickly installed the drivers and had a brief play with the keyboard lighting whilst waiting for steam to install DAYZ. Took an hour which is quite good for my internet 8GB in an hour. I installed in onto my SSD and could not believe how quick I was into the game. The loading screen was almost non existent. I put the settings on High, not very high just high. And 1080p resolution. And my FPS never dropped below 60fps which is awesome. It dropped briefly to 40fps when I first entered Elecktro but raised back up. The fans were quiet for the first half and hour, raised slightly after this for 10 minutes or so and quietend back down once the system was cooler, now just using Chrome, i cannot here them at all. I am using a Zalmaan laptop cooler stand too which is awesome too btw.

So now steam is downloading ARMA 3 for me so i'm using the time to say THANK YOU PCS. Even though we had a rough start, you delivered and apologised profusely. Will definetly be recommending al of my friends to you. And cannot wait to play some more

One of the main reasons I decided to make a big purchase with PCS was just what you have said the after sales service. I had a Octane II and it hasn't put a foot wrong so far, I've thrown Fallout, Star Wars BF and Battlefield 4 all on ultra with no problems. I was so impressed with the build of the laptop I have recommended them to friends and family some of which have ordered and love there machines. These guys get free advertising through there quality of service by being recommended by customers and I think that's a mark of quality.

Bravo PCS