Just ordered Oculus Quest 2 for PC Gaming

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I have been going around this one for a little while. Some of you will know that I have a pretty decent home VR setup (index) so it may seem strange that I've opted for this as well.

I'm decorating my games room and getting it all properly wired etc. During this time it's going to be out of commission but I still fancied getting my VR fix on Poker VR etc. I started searching around and pondered the idea of moving the required kit into my livingroom.

It's became quite an easy decision. Got the kit for £299 delivered (tomorrow). It'll connect to my desktop and stream all my games wirelessly using Virtual Desktop.

£300 is less than it costs for a wireless solution for the Vive Pro so it's basically a bargain. It won't play quite as nicely as the Index but the screen resolution and refresh is no slouch. Battery lasts a good 2 hours, more with a charging cable plugged in.

Just a heads up for those pondering getting into VR. I see it as an excellent option. You need to do a bit of side-loading on the headset to get it working, but that's no big deal really.

Anyone else gone down this route? How do you find it?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
getting it all properly wired
0C5A46D8-FEE2-49B1-A129-62360B41F2FB.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have been going around this one for a little while. Some of you will know that I have a pretty decent home VR setup (index) so it may seem strange that I've opted for this as well.

I'm decorating my games room and getting it all properly wired etc. During this time it's going to be out of commission but I still fancied getting my VR fix on Poker VR etc. I started searching around and pondered the idea of moving the required kit into my livingroom.

It's became quite an easy decision. Got the kit for £299 delivered (tomorrow). It'll connect to my desktop and stream all my games wirelessly using Virtual Desktop.

£300 is less than it costs for a wireless solution for the Vive Pro so it's basically a bargain. It won't play quite as nicely as the Index but the screen resolution and refresh is no slouch. Battery lasts a good 2 hours, more with a charging cable plugged in.

Just a heads up for those pondering getting into VR. I see it as an excellent option. You need to do a bit of side-loading on the headset to get it working, but that's no big deal really.

Anyone else gone down this route? How do you find it?
Screenshot-2017-11-23-11.01.32.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm incredibly stubborn in my old age, Facebook are responsible for a lot of the troubles in the world, they may not have started them, but they've certainly endorsed and actively propagated them, as such I refuse to use any of their services or products.

Cambridge Analytica told me everything I needed to know about their values and intentions, I won't endorse them at all anymore.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm incredibly stubborn in my old age, Facebook are responsible for a lot of the troubles in the world, they may not have started them, but they've certainly endorsed and actively propagated them, as such I refuse to use any of their services or products.

Cambridge Analytica told me everything I needed to know about their values and intentions, I won't endorse them at all anymore.
I’m with you there. However, it’s been reported that you might not need the evils of Facebook to use Oculus in the near future. Nothing set in stone yet but it could be promising. It’d suit me, I waved goodbye to Facebook 14 years ago and have never looked back.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m with you there. However, it’s been reported that you might not need the evils of Facebook to use Oculus in the near future. Nothing set in stone yet but it could be promising. It’d suit me, I waved goodbye to Facebook 14 years ago and have never looked back.

Their plans, no matter what they call the company are to inject advertising into all the games / experiences / Meta Universe.

Your headset has a hardware ID, and you have to buy it with your name. They'll figure out a way to track your usage somehow, that's why they're so cheap, they're making bundles of cash out of selling your data.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Their plans, no matter what they call the company are to inject advertising into all the games / experiences / Meta Universe.

Your headset has a hardware ID, and you have to buy it with your name. They'll figure out a way to track your usage somehow, that's why they're so cheap, they're making bundles of cash out of selling your data.
I have no reason to doubt what you’re saying, the fact that you’ve just recently watched V For Vendetta makes me enjoy that statement that little bit more.

I definitely want to be in your clan when a dystopian future becomes a dystopian reality. Let’s start thinking of cool nicknames now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no reason to doubt what you’re saying, the fact that you’ve just recently watched V For Vendetta makes me enjoy that statement that little bit more.

I definitely want to be in your clan when a dystopian future becomes a dystopian reality. Let’s start thinking of cool nicknames now.
I have been totally on the warpath since watching that film, I got properly down for a day or two. That film is so utterly frightening as to how real it's all becoming, and so beautiful as well in it's use of language, and it's connection to art and equality.

I want MetaBanshee as mine, it's booked!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Hahaha, no worries at all.

Interestingly, that's the one area that I was thinking about before purchasing the Oculus...... exactly how I'm going to register it.

I'm thinking dummy account. I won't be using the FB side of it as I'll be, ahem, "hacking it" to work with Steam VR through my Wireless on my Desktop.

Will see what it's like when I connect it tomorrow.

V for Vendetta is such an under-rated movie, and that's with it being rated highly :D