Just ordered!

liafox

It has been a while since I last bought an up to date machine, and this has just been ordered.
Not a bad rig, or price for that matter at just a touch over £3900. I cannot wait for it to arrive...

Case
COOLERMASTER COSMOS 1000 SILVER SILENT CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-3930K (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE IV EXTREME: INTEL X79, SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS QUAD-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
3TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD30EZRX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£79)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ GOLD AX1200-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR(£209)
Processor Cooling
INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID CPU COOLER FOR SOCKET LG2011 (£79)
Fan Controller
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Firewire & Video Editing
1 x IEEE 1394a FIREWIRE PORT ONBOARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£139)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2773HDS 27" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD1920x1080 (£239)
2nd Monitor
IIYAMA E2773HDS 27" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD1920x1080 (£239)
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® G19 GAMING KEYBOARD WITH GAMEPANEL™ LCD (£125)
Mouse
LOGITECH® G9X LASER GAMING MOUSE (£69)
Surge Protection
6 Socket Compact 2M UFO Surge Protector + Auto Power Off Function (£19)
Cable Tidy
3 x JML 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management (£10)
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour) (£135)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I know its wrong, but first time posters with 4 grand worth of BEAST always look odd to me :)

Saying that, good luck wit the process. In the overall scheme of things, it really isnt that long, even with delays, but I won't lie, it will seem like aaaaaaages :D

Corfate

Author Level
Holy Christ, can't tell if this is real or not :p

One change if you ask me, change the second HDD to a Caviar Black for the fastest HDD :) If you need the 3GB space, add another Caviar Black :)

Plus, do you really need two Blu-Ray drives?

liafox

Holy Christ, can't tell if this is real or not :p

One change if you ask me, change the second HDD to a Caviar Black for the fastest HDD :) If you need the 3GB space, add another Caviar Black :)

Plus, do you really need two Blu-Ray drives?

Lol, definitely real! I am planning to add drives I already have in my current system, but wanted the extra storage initially. Though I do see your point about the speed...
Two Blu-ray drives, overkill probably but that is force of habit. I have always ordered optical drives in tandem so that they performed the same when ripping/burning etc.

I will be using the system for gaming (most obviously), but will also be programming (starting a BSc Hons Computer Games Programming course in September, if I get the grades expected) and rendering/animating. I do not want to go the route of professional GPU's or workstations yet, that will be for the future. If I can get the grades needed to pass the degree, and then if I can talk the wife into letting me spend any more money...LOL! Like I said to her...'It's an investment.....' :D

I know its wrong, but first time posters with 4 grand worth of BEAST always look odd to me :)

Saying that, good luck wit the process. In the overall scheme of things, it really isnt that long, even with delays, but I won't lie, it will seem like aaaaaaages :D

I know, it will like I'm a child waiting for christmas... :santa:

Atuleon

Gold Level Poster
Congratulations! ^^ I wouldn't be able to concentrate and stop thinking about the spec/delivery if I had ordered this. You have one hell of a wife!

liafox

Congratulations! ^^ I wouldn't be able to concentrate and stop thinking about the spec/delivery if I had ordered this. You have one hell of a wife!

You are sooooo right! She saw your post and hasn't stopped going on about it since...lol

Croazil

May I just ask what do you currently do that you can afford this beast even while studying and having a wife (do you have kids? XD)
I would like your lifestyle seeing your build :p

Bottomline great build i shall come and steal this system off you if you would be kind enough give me your address while leaving note behind that i did it :p

liafox

Well, I have been working since I was 16 (in a variety of jobs, nothing too exciting though) up until December 2010 when I was made redundant. I took the opportunity to get back into education and retrain. Currently I am at college in Northampton doing an Access to HE Diploma. As being able to afford it goes... well lets just say the savings have just flatlined. My lifestyle? LOL! College during the day, homework, cooking dinners and housework at night and every other spare minute is spent trying to keep the wife and my 4 year old boy smiling!

Atuleon

Gold Level Poster
You are sooooo right! She saw your post and hasn't stopped going on about it since...lol

Lol, sorry to have started something off between you two! It's good to see that you are very centred on your family; your comment to keep them smiling is very cute. I need to do that more with my wife and two kids (5 and 2), as it's so easy after working all day to come in and work again to care for them and try to 'keep them happy' for an easy/guilt-free life, rather than doing it just for the pleasure of seeing them smile. Maybe I should stick with my old model and take them away on holiday... as I don't "need" a new PC.

All the best to your little family,
Stuart (Atuleon).