Just sent this order though!

Check the spec...

Case
InWIN DRAGON RIDER BLACK GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X T1 DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz, X.M.P (4 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£88)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W TX SERIES (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£99)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£105)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD OVERCLOCK THERMAL PASTE
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
External Hard Drive
WD 2TB My Book Essential USB 3.0 External HDD WDBACW0020HBK - Black (£99)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days

I was going to wait for the OCZ Vertex 3 SSDs, but thought I may as well order now, and install a Vertex 3 myself when they become available. Also planning on putting another GTX 580 in there at some point in the future :)

And so the wait begins...

Teaz

Godlike
Looks good. My only say is in future when you do add another 580 is to beef up the psu aswel since 2 580s requires abit of high power, other than that id say is to get the Artic Thermal Paste aswel as the silver Warrenty :)

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
Definitely what Teaz said
Silver warranty is a Must! only 5 pound extra, And i really recommend you revise your order to add the artic thermal paste rather than the standard, Will keep your CPU cooler and alive longer =P

Meds

The spec is very nice, if you do decide to change the spec at any point just log into your account and click the "amend order" - for £5, the Silver Warranty gives you peace of mind should the worst happen!

pez

Thinking about this logically, the amount of people that don;t ask for this, it would be a good idea to have the calculators automatically set at this so you have to change it to remove it - or upgrade to gold?

hmmm interesting, never really considered the warranty... 5 quid is a bit of a no brainer! think i'll add it on.

I was kind of hoping I could get away with 850W with two 580s in SLI, do you think that is pushing it? suppose i could always stick a 1000W in there.

is there really any difference between different thermal pastes? i'm not convinced

Meds

Ideally you'd have the HX1000, not only will you have 2x GTX580 you will also have a beefy OC on the CPU which will draw more power. Finally yes, the thermal paste really does make a difference in some cases it can reduce CPU temps by upto 10 degrees under load compared to standard paste.

I have just amended my order, adding in the 1000W power supply, the arctic compound thermal paste, and the silver warranty. Cost me an extra 80 odd quid, but it makes sense, and I think it is worth it for the peace of mind! Cheers for the help everyone :winkiss:

OK ive just had a thought, is the bluray writer backwards compatible with dvds? i.e will i be able to burn dvds with the bluray writer?

So this order is still in pre-production, which is fair enough. I was told yesterday that the GTX 580 is not in stock, however i was sent an email this morning telling me they are back in stock, which is nice. However I was sent another email this morning telling me the 8GB Kingston 2133mhz ram is now out of stock! After everything I've read about this type of ram, i'm thinking I should drop down to the 8GB 1600mhz stuff to speed the order up. Can anyone tell me if the 1600 ram is currently in stock? would this actually speed things up or am I better off waiting for the 2133mhz ram to come back in stock?