Just wanted to say......

rontuo

.........I had occasion to phone PCS today regarding my order in Pre prod, and -

1. Didn't have to wait too long or hear too many (if any) "your call is important to us" messages
2. The guy who answered was helpful and seemed to know what he was talking about. I came away with a good feeling about my order and PCS.

Full marks so far PCS!

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Yeah for a company they aren't too bad at all. I liked their online live chat, that helped me a great load. These days you get barely any company that are not trying to screw you left, right and centre. My only problem was their limited stock on certain items which has left my p.c hanging for a week or two.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
They give you any ideas if they have a backlog or how long your orders gonna take? :)

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Nah.. as usual it's only estimates as usual on the phone. I had a funny e-mail this morning saying PCs has my graphics card out of stock (Which I've already had that e-mail before) and it was arriving on the 28th (which.... is today?) lol

So fingers crossed it'll be here beginning next week, 17th working day on Pre-Production...:yawn:

rontuo

They give you any ideas if they have a backlog or how long your orders gonna take? :)

No they didn't but then I didn't ask that as, apart from the natural excitement about the new high spec machine, I am not in a screaming rush. I just wanted to find out if it was necessary to change my spec to get around shortages but apparently not. I am going to be doing some travelling over the next couple of weeks so wouldn't have much time to get it up and running and if it arrives too early there is always the danger I might get back and find my wife had taken ownership! He did indicate though that the couple of items not available from stock are fast replenishment items with no supplier problems so no untoward delay was expected.

I like the fact that their delivery stats are published on the Orders page and in fact have improved since the weekend. My hope is that if my delivery stretched beyond the end of October (god forbid!), which would give me problems, I would be advised in plenty of time to either change spec or cancel and obtain elsewhere. The only problem there is there are not too many 'elsewheres' offering this level of delivery, quality, price or support!